DT Swiss XRC 100 Race

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DanielEriksson

by DanielEriksson

Thank you for the update breezerboy! If CRC can deliver around the same time as Madison then I think I'll wait for the XRC 100 Race version.

Just wish there were some more real reviews of the new internals, not just rehashed press info stuff.
Daniel Eriksson
Check out my blog and training journal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisgarages

by morrisgarages

Hey guys, anyone out there knows where we can get the conversion of a remote lockout to a manual lockout like the one R2Bike is selling? My fork is on its way here and I really want to ditch that remote lockout and save weight. Or maybe someone out there knows how to make one? I read some people are just making them. Any help please? :up:

morrisgarages

by morrisgarages

Finally got my fork. Nice weight. Uncut and totally stock. I really hope I can get my hands on one of those manual lockout. I really don't like the remote cable activated on on this one.

DanielEriksson

by DanielEriksson

That's the Ltd WC Edition, right?
Daniel Eriksson
Check out my blog and training journal.

morrisgarages

by morrisgarages

Race Ltd. :) Not the World Cup.

StefanFromGermany

by StefanFromGermany

Apparently end of May wasn't correct for the release either. Is it still to come at all this season? Does anyone have information on that?

morrisgarages

by morrisgarages

Hello guys! Just got my fork back from DT SWISS (Asia) due to a warranty issue repair. I noticed that when I cycle the fork in its travel there's a very slight vibration/movement/kink that can be felt through the handlebars. The movement is still smooth, no resistance or stiction, but there is this weird "vibration/kink" on it. Its like I can feel the coil spring inside going through its motions. I told DT SWISS (Asia) about this and they said that a demo fork that they have with them now has the same "feeling" when they cycle it so they think its pretty normal. What do you guys think? Do you get the same feeling on your forks? DT SWISS Switzerland even sent an email to DT SWISS Asia (which I accidentally got a copy off :P ) telling Asia to put grease on the spring to minimize this feeling. Any thoughts guys? Thanks!

02GF74

by 02GF74

... so regarding the lock out cable, I take it there is no way to shorten it since it cannot be unattached from the mechanism that sits in the crown top?

the supplied lockout lever uses the cable nipple - there are lock out levers that use a grub screw to hold the cable so in theory the cable could be shortened but would need different type of lockout lever - anyone done this?

is there a non-cable lockout available for this fork? i.e. a rotating cap fitted to te fork crown as found on Fox forks.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Not much you can do about the stock lever/cable assembly. You could shorten it and weld/solder it back but the cable is steel and crown assembly aluminum. There is a manual lockout which I have but I believe you cannot buy it at the moment. R2-bike has some options depending on which model you have.

http://r2-bike.com/Zubehoer-Kleinteile

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

02GF74

by 02GF74

^^^^ yes, you are right - I've had the cap off and the cable is crimped to the damper(?) assembly so cannot be takne apart. Bit of a poor design as DT could have used the nipple at that end and then have one or two grub screws to secure the cable; that way it could be cut to length as required.

Oh well......

One more thinkg - the smaller of the two thumb pads is a loose fit so can fall off quite easily, I am in process of glueing mine on as I write .....

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Bump...

does anyone know the weight of the remote lockout on newer forks? I mean the lever/cable all included? This one can be removed so I am looking as to how much I can shave from the 1170g complete fork weight.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx

skyfire1202

by skyfire1202

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

Thanks for that. I was browsing the site but did not see it there.

That means quite a lot of weight can be reduced.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx

skyfire1202

by skyfire1202

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pressed001

by pressed001

Hello, I just wanted to post a quick thank you for all the information contained in this thread. I understand it is a bit old. Nevertheless it helped me out a lot.

I just picked up an almost like new 2009 Scott Scale LTD in which the XRC 100 lockout (twinloc) was not working at all and the fork was stuck in "locked". I removed the twinloc mechanism from the fork. It was hard to remove as corrosion had started its work in there. I then cleaned it thouroughly with a stainless brush before lubing and re-installing it. Now it works like a charm, again.

This DT Swiss Tech Manual really helped a lot too:
https://www.dtswiss.com/Resources/Support/FORKS/DT-Swiss-Forks-Twin-Loc-Remote-Transformation.pdf

Here's some pics: