Sram XX wire pull

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jzbig

by jzbig

Does anyone know or could anyone that have xx on their bikes measure how much wire that is pulled between the 1. and 10. gear??

and if it's the same lenght is pulled between each "click" on the trigger

I have been reading somwhere that the pull off each click is 3 millimeters, that would give a total pull of 3 x 9 = 27mm

Reasson for asking is that am working on a part that will modify a grip shift to be used with a XX RD, and if it's working i could sell this part, and others allso could modify gripshifts to be used toghther with XX RD
Scott Scale RC
Scott Spark RC
Scott Ransom Ltd

by Weenie

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

can't help you but I wish you good luck - sounds very interesting.

Ninko

by Ninko

I'm working on this at the moment to. But I think its just possible to make a gripshift work for 10 spd...
I looked inside and you need to make it able to turn a few millimeter more, so the block on the inside of the gripshift needs to be shorten. And inside theres room to make like a 0 shift... zo before the 1 is enough material to make one more hole for some shifting... I think that should work!

Number 2 should be to shorten the length of the XX (or red) derr I think 1,8mm to make it work, but this would be easy to solve. Just connect them and trial and error and find out how much the arm needs to be shortened to work on the full cassette.!
Ride First!!

1415chris

by 1415chris

Sounds promising, any hope to transfer microshift nobu into 10sp? :?

jzbig

by jzbig

I'm working on this at the moment to. But I think its just possible to make a gripshift work for 10 spd...
I looked inside and you need to make it able to turn a few millimeter more, so the block on the inside of the gripshift needs to be shorten. And inside theres room to make like a 0 shift... zo before the 1 is enough material to make one more hole for some shifting... I think that should work!

Number 2 should be to shorten the length of the XX (or red) derr I think 1,8mm to make it work, but this would be easy to solve. Just connect them and trial and error and find out how much the arm needs to be shortened to work on the full cassette.!

Are you uesing the SRAM XO or the Attack?

It would not be enough to make a new 0 shift space inside the shifter, i was thinking of making a new part that will be mounted inside the shifter to make this work..

The XX AND RED pulls 3,1mm per click that means it pulls 3,1 mm x 9 click = 27,9mm
The Sram XO pulls 32,5mm of wire from 1 to 9 cog, so it should be possible to modify a XO grip shift as that one pulls more wire than the Attack

willl try to get hold of a XO grip shift
Scott Scale RC
Scott Spark RC
Scott Ransom Ltd

schmiken

by schmiken

Very interested guys, keep us updated!

ResurrectionRacing

by ResurrectionRacing

This would be out of this world....

Keep us updated

Ninko

by Ninko

jzbig wrote:Are you uesing the SRAM XO or the Attack?

It would not be enough to make a new 0 shift space inside the shifter, i was thinking of making a new part that will be mounted inside the shifter to make this work..

The XX AND RED pulls 3,1mm per click that means it pulls 3,1 mm x 9 click = 27,9mm
The Sram XO pulls 32,5mm of wire from 1 to 9 cog, so it should be possible to modify a XO grip shift as that one pulls more wire than the Attack

willl try to get hold of a XO grip shift

I'm mentioning the X.O. shifter.
What are you saying with XX and Red x 9 click. It's not really important. It's more important to calculate the amount of ratio between the X.O shifter and the 10spd derailleur.

Modified to 10 speed the X.O. shifter would pull 36,1 mm. After my calculations I found out that the arm of the Red (or XX) derailleur should be shortened to 0,858 times the length it has right now... (depends on the derrailleur.) SO measure it, x 0,858 and cut :D
Ride First!!

by Weenie

GuNKiLLaH
Shop Owner

by GuNKiLLaH

jzbig DO IT, and faster than SRAM, this would be pretty sick! I'm your first customer, where do I sign?
MY YOUTUBE Channel - Helmet Cams, Notubes Working, XC Riding in Brazil.
My 9.050g Epic S-Works with custom paintjob & my CX bike