Hope brakes 2010: new super light XC brake

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DHracer

by DHracer

During Eurobike Hope has showed it's new super light weight XC race brake,this will replace the Mini Pro X2 brake.The brake will feature:

- Carbon fibre lever
- Ti and Alloy Fitting hardware instead off using steel hardware
- Alloy Backplates on the brake pads
- Carbon top cap(not pictured)

Hope is hoping that the new brake will tipping the scales at 270g per side including floating rotor!!!

bikeradar.com

Batas

by Batas

I like it. Simple nice design.

by Weenie

dougmcdoug

by dougmcdoug

Oh bloody hell, there is nothing wrong with my Hope Mini Pro's and now I want these. I already have a list of things to upgrade atm.

MMeglen

by MMeglen

Too many things I want for next year. Let's hope my wallet can support my bike build over the winter.

miceden

by miceden

Oh good... they finally got rid of that, I think, awful blue colour! Anyways... reading a couple of articles I think they will go on sale at £195 each... which is more or less formula r1 price and much less than marta sl's... still pricey but not all that bad.

Jackalmiauleon

by Jackalmiauleon

Last edited by Jackalmiauleon on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NO NUKES and visit my blog
http://ww-jackal.blogspot.com/

njee20

by njee20

Considering Avid XXs are £300 per end that's damn good value! They do look nicer than any previous Hope brakes!

Tiffster

by Tiffster

Are they really £300 per end :shock: :?:

The XX is lighter though.

miceden

by miceden

Aren't the XX's about 290g per end all in though? If hope are right and the race x2 comes in at 270g per end that'll make them lighter... and at £100 less a no-brainer unless performance between the two is significant.

Tiffster

by Tiffster

Well it's difficult to judge this, the Hope floating rotor is lighter than the Avid XX rotor which is going to offset the weights.

I know for a fact the Avid XX, front post mount with bolts etc no rotor is 180 grams. Simple maths - 270g for this new Hope one minus 79g for the rotor means it "might" weigh 191 grams.

michel2

by michel2

does anybody know when they are avab. ?

miceden

by miceden

According to Hope's website they'll be available in November... and the weight has gone up a shade to 275g.

Nickbee

by Nickbee

From the look of that top pic it seems the new hopes work well with the XTR shifters? Didn't you have to change the position of the shifters with some of the hope brakes in the past? In other words put the brakes on the bars 1st then the shifters?

Cheers!

by Cheers!

depending on your preference you put the brakes inboard of the shifters. So that you can use 1 finger braking (index finger).

Nickbee

by Nickbee

didn't hope also make a combo mount to use with their brakes and XT shifters? Would it work with this new system?

Thanks for the info...

by Weenie