Lapierre X- Control

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Since it seems plenty of you folks are over-seas and we don't have many of these in the states. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this French FS XC VPP sled.

-Jerry

polaris

by polaris

....we live "over here", you live "over-seas"...

Sorry, I haven't seen or heard of a Lapierre in the UK. I doubt many leave France.

What do you know about them?
.....but it still has to work!

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Maybe, but I see your aviator, Hobbes originated on this side of the pond by the very talented Bill Watterson.

I picked up one of these frames and a 04 sid World Cup for a grand and change from a distributor of the Frame builder for Lapierre, Hodoka, they build frames for several of the majors including Intense. There are only three VPP designs that I know of, the Santa Cruz Blur, Intense Spider and the Lapierre X-Control. I've ridden the Blur and loved the way the suspension was plush and steady when applying pedal pressure at the same time, something my NRS and all non VPP FS designs lack. The frames for these three designs vary from $1200-$1900. If it works as well as the Blur I'll be a very happy camper.

I have the bike in the process of being build in my shop as I write this.

Cheers,

-Jerry

-

polaris

by polaris

Calvin & Hobbes - comic genius. :lol:
.....but it still has to work!

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Yupper! and since the author is a avid cyclist, we get some juicy bits from that point of view on occasion.