Cranks

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

PK

by PK

Has anyone out there bought ought from"Fly Sports" in the USA? They are producing what looks like an awesome Ti crank/BB 2-piece combo for MTB & road bikes...complete weight= 375g!!! Not bad price either $450! I am in England and cant check out this company too easily, can any of you Yanky Weight Weenies help?
Cheers PK
:D

JK

by JK

Sounds allmost too good to be true!

Remember: Morati made some of the lightest Ti cranks available at 309 grams, but they broke a lot and now Morati does not produce them anymore...

New products often experience problems at the beginning of their lifecycle, especially if they are at the edge of what is possible weight-wise. I would wait until it becomes clear if production or design problems exist, before trying such a product. Unless money grows on your back, offcourse.

JK

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mcubed91

by mcubed91

I emailed them, never got a reply. In another forum, I asked the very same question, a few replied. Someone even sent them money, 50 percent down. They never showed up. They are suppose to be out this month. I heard they did not show up at the Interbike show in Las Vages. Looks pretty, sounds even better, but as someone pointed out to me, there is a reason people aren't making cranks out of ti, they snap. I going carbon.