Weight of crossmax sl rim?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Micke

by Micke

Well. What does it weight. I cant find it in the listings offcourse.

If building a light wheelset, the more weight you can save and as far away from the centre of the wheel the better.

A pair of crossmax seems to me like a safe alternative. The option is to build some wheels on stans-rims with Dt-aerolite/ saprim X-ray and tune hubs. For me, crossmax will be cheaper.

With the crossmax rim I don’t have to use the rim strip, so the stans-rim will have that weight penalty against it. And I do think that the crossmax rim can take up with quite more beating than the stans.

So, what should I choose? And what is the rim weight?

I will compete on these wheels one, maybe two year on wary different courses.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

I think you should go with the tune combiantion. A recent test in the German "Bike" mag. showed us the truth about the crossmax wheels. they aren't stiff (sideways), are heavy and use a very heavy rim. the tune set (tune king and kong, spokes and ztr rim), was the test winner.
The only thing that they could say about this set was that the rims lacked eyelets.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Micke

by Micke

The only thing I don’t like about the crossmax SL is that they, as you say, flex a lot sideways. And why is the body so heavy?

I’m beginning to bee more and more sure not to bye the crossmax sl.