SRAM mixing and match

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

I recently got hold of a frameset and want to see if i can utilitise the spare parts i have.

in my parts bin, i have an SRAM 11spd X1 shifter, rotor kapic crank with 1x chainring, a sunrace 11-42 [for old shimano 11spd freehub], DT swiss M1900 with shimano 11spd freehub.

i think i need a rear mech from SRAM. i was eyeing up a GX 11 spd rear mech, then i was thinking if i have other options.

for example, can i get a 11pseed NX rear mech to reduce the cost further? or can i get a 12 speed GX eagle rear mech, may be will change freehub/cassette/shifter to 12 speed in the future?

can any one confirm these two options are both viable? (no cable pull ratio differences etc) Thanks :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Any rear derailleur marketed as using X-Actuation pull ratio should be compatible with your shifter.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Thanks. Bought a eagle GX rear mech. im surprised 11speed GX now cost the same as 12 speed. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: