Is there a discreet remote for SRAM AXS droppers?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DanW

by DanW

Hi all,

Simple question but no solution that I know of:

Is there anyone out there making smaller, more integrated levers/ buttons for SRAM AXS dropper?

I know you can add all sorts of buttons but all options except the standard trigger need a Blip box. Zirbel make some nice buttons but you still need to hide a Blip box somewhere which as a user of a 35mm stem is pretty difficult.

Using some of the smaller Shimano buttons would also be a nice solution but the same issue of how and where to hide a Blip box on a short stemmed bike.

Bike is a rigid SS so a clean look would be really cool. Having a left hand trigger hanging off the bar feels a bit meh

Is there anyone taking apart the standard SRAM dropper levers and making them in to something more integrated to the bars? Or a clever way to hide a Blip box with a short stem?

Many thanks, Daniel

TLN

by TLN

You can use Sram MultiClics or Wireless blips. First one will require blipbox, not so sure about second one.

I got no bikes with AXS (although two are coming), so I cannot test it yet.
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DanW

by DanW

You have missed the main question of where to hide a Blip box in that case, especially with a 35mm long stem.

The wireless Blips are not expected to be compatible with the AXS droppers. Certainly initially at least.

thepassista

by thepassista

DanW wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:03 pm

Is there anyone taking apart the standard SRAM dropper levers and making them in to something more integrated to the bars? Or a clever way to hide a Blip box with a short stem?

Many thanks, Daniel
I used a Sram Blip button (just cut a hole into the grip) with BlipBox inside the frame(headtube), just "behind" the fork. Super clean, super light :)

DanW

by DanW

Hi @thepassista, I saw your build and it looks absolutely stunning!

How do you get the wire from the SRAM Blip button next to the grip, to the Blip box inside the frame?

Does the cable go inside the bars, through stem... then where?

I can't picture how the cable must run at all :)

Thanks!

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Why get the AXS dropper? The wireless blips will do it, but they have some size to them.

If you want clean, get the KS one with the lever on the saddle clamp or get the Yep lever and mount it in a creative spot. If you want the suspension, get the PWN Coast.

DanW

by DanW

Again... No, the wireless Blips are not an option.

It seems there are a lot of incompatibility issues at the moment. Mostly the need for a long press and sending a constant signal which the wireless ones don’t support.
https://www.mtbr.com/threads/anyone-usi ... s.1202489/

It needn't be an AXS dropper but I am wondering how to best fit a dropper to a frame with no cable routing (SS only), plus cables really offend my eyes. This offends my eyes even worse :D

The Blip boxes are around 40x35mm I struggle to see a good way to hide it on my bike.

Possible option for other droppers could be this (but it looks a PITA to fit and doesn't exist yet)
https://www.nxswireless.com/product/dropperator/

SamD

by SamD

The MTBR thread you mention does contain a SRAM/Rockshox service department message that hints at Reverb compatibility mid Fall :D

DanW

by DanW

I'll believe it when I see it :) Still a bit bulky, with a big grip to brake lever clamp gap required with the current mounting ideas.

thepassista

by thepassista

DanW wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:28 am
Hi @thepassista, I saw your build and it looks absolutely stunning!

How do you get the wire from the SRAM Blip button next to the grip, to the Blip box inside the frame?

Does the cable go inside the bars, through stem... then where?

I can't picture how the cable must run at all :)

Thanks!
I used this setup as a template
https://mbaction.com/best-bike-hacks-a- ... -seatpost/

DanW

by DanW

Ah ha. Thanks for that. I don't have that kind of access to my downtube unfortunately

jfranci3

by jfranci3

There's that KS (?) post with the built in saddle lever. You could also get creative mounting something the Yep lever like a front derailleur and hit it with your foot

DanW

by DanW

1. Yes there are lots of "crotch grabber" dropper posts but that is a hard no for me. I want clean and discreet lines and moving parts as hidden as possible
2. WTAF

jfranci3

by jfranci3

I meant the Yep Joystick. It's basically a rocker cableend. You can put the adjuster somewhere down the line. You can put the rocker on top of any hole in the frame/stem/bars.
https://www.alltricks.com/F-11933-piece ... stick_blue

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

req110

by req110

Is there something better for Spark RC? After i made all those hoses as short as possible, to make my cockpit as slick as possible, where i don't even see cables/hoses, while riding.... now i am disturbed by triple lever. Is there something more discrete for spark rc? I was considering twistlock dropper, or some axs combo.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.20.14.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.21.53.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.22.00.jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.22.00.jpg (94.56 KiB) Viewed 992 times
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making