Eagle AXS With 11 Speed Cassette?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

gtee

by gtee

I've got one bike left which isn't running AXS and I want to upgrade it.

I've currently got four 11 speed 10/42 SRAM cassettes in my spares box, all in really good condition with low miles. It would be a shame to waste them.

Has anyone managed to get Eagle AXS to run with an 11 speed cassette?
Last winter I stuck my gravel bike which normally runs Eagle 12 speed on to my Kickr which has an 11 speed cassette fitted and it seemed to work well on there. Would this translate to working on the road or am I wasting my time?
Using Tapatalk

alexdi

by alexdi

Can't speak authoritatively, but I doubt it. The sprocket spacing is different on 12S and AXS won't let you adjust that. Maybe you could align it on the middle sprocket and get something passable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickJHP

by NickJHP

Sprocket pitch of SRAM 11s MTB is 3.9mm and that of AXS 3.65mm. That 0.25mm difference means that if you centre the derailleur at the middle of the cassette, it will be about 1.5mm off in the largest or smallest cog, so what you want to do won't work.

KonaSS

by KonaSS

Sell your 11 speed cassettes and buy a 12 speed.

zscs

by zscs

FYI. During winter I'm using a 12-speed AXS equipped MTB on the indoor trainer and the trainer has a 11-speed road cassette. Works perfectly fine - of course, you have to be very careful to do not shift to the largest (non-extisting) cog. So even if the sprocket pitch is not perfectly matching it can work. ;) Also tried out the 12-speed drivetrain with 11-speed (XD-1195) cassette and worked surprisingly fine. Of course, +1 vote from my side to use 12-speed cassette only.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Femboy

by Femboy

check out wheeltop eds it is lighter than xx1 and cheaper than gx and it is compatible with 7-13 speeds