Carbon saddle on Stumpy Evo?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Angui

by Angui

Hi all, is it a stupid idea to put an S-Works Power saddle (carbon frame & rails) on a Stumpjumper Evo? Risk of catastrophic failure??

Karvalo

by Karvalo

I guess it depends on how much you plan on crashing. Normal riding on a full suss bike you'll put less stress on the saddle than hitting a pothole on a road bike. Binning it is another matter.

My point of view is that weight saving to that degree really shouldn't matter for the type of riding the Stumpy Evo is designed for anyway...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Angui

by Angui

Karvalo wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:06 pm
I guess it depends on how much you plan on crashing. Normal riding on a full suss bike you'll put less stress on the saddle than hitting a pothole on a road bike. Binning it is another matter.

My point of view is that weight saving to that degree really shouldn't matter for the type of riding the Stumpy Evo is designed for anyway...
More than weight it's because I have a spare one in 130mm that suits me well, but wouldn't want to end-up youknowwhat...

OnTheRivet

by OnTheRivet

Angui wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:47 pm
Hi all, is it a stupid idea to put an S-Works Power saddle (carbon frame & rails) on a Stumpjumper Evo? Risk of catastrophic failure??
I've run carbon rail saddles on my trail bikes for years. Got tired of bending ti rails. They work great.