2022 Orbea Oiz M Pro TR Suspension

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

la85

by la85

Good morning everyone,

Im getting quite confused by the three position suspension on the 2022 Orbea OIZ M Pro TR.

Ive been told that the TR models only have two positions.... open and firm. Whilst the 100mm XC has three.

It appears that the Fox 34 SC 120 mm Factory supports three positions, as does the Fox DPS Evil factory 190*45.

I can get the Fox DPS shock to offer a medium mode but it makes a knocking noise.

I can get the Fox 34 SC fork to offer a medium mode but it makes a his/bypass noise.

Does anyone have Oiz TR and been able to have three modes set??

Any insight would be great.

Cheers

Locky

Karvalo

by Karvalo

la85 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 9:49 pm
Good morning everyone,

Im getting quite confused by the three position suspension on the 2022 Orbea OIZ M Pro TR.

Ive been told that the TR models only have two positions.... open and firm. Whilst the 100mm XC has three.
Who told you that?

According to the specs and the Orbea manual below (P42) the TR and XC models have the same 3 position Squidlock remote and the same damping options as a result - Open/Medium/Firm on the shock, Open/Open/Firm on the fork with a manual low speed compression dial on the crown to tune the open setting.

It's pretty normal for a heavily damped fork or shock to make a hissing/ wheezing noise. I don't know why your shock is knocking - though my first thought would be to check the linkages.

https://www.orbea.com/downloads/product ... _EN_ES.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com