Raceface Cinch help needed

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

VamP

by VamP

Has anyone managed to find a solution that's at least tolerable for running the 30mm Raceface crankset in a PF92 BB frame? Mine is dying after 160 muddy miles which is not OK, I need at least 1,000 to be able to live with it. Appreciate maintenance comes into it, but hasn't seen a pressure washer, and I can usually hustle bottom brackets through at least a couple of cyclocross seasons before they die.

I am trying to decide whether to look for solutions, or ditch the crankset and go with a 24mm one. It's a shame, because I quite like the Raceface crankset otherwise.

thewoodsman

by thewoodsman

the RF BB did not last long for me. Better options are Cane Creek, Hope, or Enduro (might be others, but I have only used these or Chris King, which do not make one to fit). I went with Cane Creek (which uses enduro bearings). No issues after a few years.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickyR

by NickyR

I use a RF next SL G5 cinch cranset, Race Face BB92 is not so good, lasted max 3-4 months here in Belgium (rain, mud) like most PF BB. I am now running my second set of Hope pressfit 41 30 BB (stainless) and durability is better (at least 7-8 months) but more expensive. Next time I ll try some cheap Token PF, I had a good experience with them on my road bike.

VamP

by VamP

I have now fitted the Hope 4130 solution - I'm willing to give that a shot and see if the longevity improves - I could probably live with 7-8 months. If it's no better than the RF BB I will have to ditch RaceFace and look at XTR or something else at 24mm.