Power Meters

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dacian

by dacian

Prices starting from 290 Euro, please check https://www.power2max.com/en/power-meter-offers/ . I will "elaborate today" on a new topic, but on short, they take the warranty claim form, then you can not reach to them by any means, total blackout (phone, whatsapp, emails etc). Found out also on other sites or FB that this is the way they deal with majortity of cases

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Those are just spiders for old cranks, its a sale section.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tleo

by tleo

Xcadey looks interesting but based on the issues in GPLama's review it is not something I'd purchase until I was sure the problems had been addressed. But that review is almost 2 years old now so maybe things have improved. And this question was raised as to why you even need a warranty. If you got a PM with the problems Shane's exhibited that would answer that question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLgB98FP7M

dacian

by dacian

Check my experience with them viewtopic.php?f=7&t=169192

dacian

by dacian

tleo wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:27 pm
Xcadey looks interesting but based on the issues in GPLama's review it is not something I'd purchase until I was sure the problems had been addressed. But that review is almost 2 years old now so maybe things have improved. And this question was raised as to why you even need a warranty. If you got a PM with the problems Shane's exhibited that would answer that question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gLgB98FP7M

I consider your worries too sofisticated πŸ˜ƒ. We are dealing here with a non legit business, a venture that sells new products without the mandatory warranty

dacian

by dacian

IIt is what's remained of the Xcadey powermeter. I must admit, I came out pretty good...a sub 500gr crankset :D
Attachments
IMG20220309134303.jpg

kaptanpedal

by kaptanpedal

dacian wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:55 am
Just fyi, Power2Max sells spider based powermeters at 240 Euro.
Lol. You would spend more even when trying to steal them. You know, masks, gloves, lock picking tools etc.

If you wanna buy NgEco is 590 euros. Ng is 990 euros.

dacian

by dacian

kaptanpedal wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:45 pm
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:55 am
Just fyi, Power2Max sells spider based powermeters at 240 Euro.
Lol. You would spend more even when trying to steal them. You know, masks, gloves, lock picking tools etc.

If you wanna buy NgEco is 590 euros. Ng is 990 euros.
Sorry, I was wrong, it's starting from 290 Euro :lol: , suits the most popular cranksets on the market (I used it for a Rotor)
https://www.power2max.com/en/product/ty ... wer-meter/ ..
It's true, it's a sale, but why should this stop us from buying?..sale no good?
Attachments
42a3ca84fc68111e800eb27859fbfe55.jpg

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:50 pm
IIt is what's remained of the Xcadey powermeter. I must admit, I came out pretty good...a sub 500gr crankset :D
Is the power meter even accurate with that dremmeling job? Doesn't look good. πŸ˜„

dacian

by dacian

cula_ru wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:50 pm
Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:50 pm
Is the power meter even accurate with that dremmeling job? Doesn't look good. πŸ˜„
It does not :lol: , but it works. Believe me, after 5 years of using powermeters on all my bikes, my legs and brain have already a build-in powermeter. Most likely in short time, I will ditch all of them

cula_ru

by cula_ru

I believe that. I still have to calibrate my legs with a new power meter.

thewoodsman

by thewoodsman

The p2m on sale is the older 'Type S' not the newer ng[eco]. Not sure what the difference is, but I went with ngeco for my gravel bike. The battery cover is a little worrisome, but otherwise solid. I thought about the ng, but even more concerned about the charge port cover. I much prefer the magnetic charging of some others--no issues with water/debris getting in there.

About to get an AXO for my mtb. Based on reviews, I would not bother with the Xcadey. And p2m does not make one for my dm interface, so it's AXO or SRM. If AXO craps out after 2-3 years, but I find I really want to keep power on the mtb, I will go with SRM; if AXO lasts 5ish, would probably buy again.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Not only it's the discontinued type S power2max, but it's also in the fitting standard for discontinued old Rotor crank. It's not the current Aldhu/Kapic system. It's the original 3d+ crank.
So, even if it's on sale, it's still irrelevant for most people don't already own that old crank.

And why is this even mentioned in MTB sub forum? neither 110bcd nor Rotor 3d+ crank are relevant for mtb.

dacian

by dacian

Hexsense wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:04 pm
Not only it's the discontinued type S power2max, but it's also in the fitting standard for discontinued old Rotor crank. It's not the current Aldhu/Kapic system. It's the original 3d+ crank.
So, even if it's on sale, it's still irrelevant for most people don't already own that old crank.

And why is this even mentioned in MTB sub forum? neither 110bcd nor Rotor 3d+ crank are relevant for mtb.
I don't know where you live or maybe you are not so into road bike equipement, but at least in my country, there are a LOT of Rotor 3D+ cranksets, they are still popular, it's not like the generations of Ultegra, Rotor 3d+ is discontinued yes, but it's only the generation before last one. I presume, that mtb-ers or roadies does not change the cranksets every year or two, when a new version is released
And it's relevant also for mtb, the issue regarding NOT having warranty for a new product bought from a company. But feel free to try your luck, I just did my duty to inform you all and I am not the only one, the online forums or facebook are full of similar experiences

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:19 am
Hexsense wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:04 pm
I don't know where you live or maybe you are not so into road bike equipement, but at least in my country, there are a LOT of Rotor 3D+ cranksets, they are still popular, it's not like the generations of Ultegra, Rotor 3d+ is discontinued yes, but it's only the generation before last one. I presume, that mtb-ers or roadies does not change the cranksets every year or two, when a new version is released
And it's relevant also for mtb, the issue regarding NOT having warranty for a new product bought from a company. But feel free to try your luck, I just did my duty to inform you all and I am not the only one, the online forums or facebook are full of similar experiences
Maybe a few people who already own Rotor 3d+ crank on mtb would suddenly decide to add power meter and then found your post promising...
only to find out that spider on sale in the link has 4 bolt 110bcd which is Shimano road standard, let alone the chainring mounting plane offset is for road set up (45mm offset vs mtb boost which is either 52mm or 55mm).

no, it's a waste of time mentioning it in mtb sub forum when someone is looking for mtb power meter because your proposing 290 euro solution is only valid for road, using discontinued crank. All power2max spider for mtb are vastly more expensive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com