Remote lock out

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jolyon2002

by Jolyon2002

I'm hopefully getting a Santa Cruz Blur S TR but would like to put a remote lock out on it. Does anyone know if it is possible and if so which one and how much would it be? It uses a FOX 34 Step Cast Performance 120mm fork and a fox float performance DPS on the back (115mm).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NickyR

by NickyR

1) If your stock rear shock does not come with a remote, you will have to change the "head" of the shock (3 position adj --> 2 position remote)
2) make sure that both your fork and shock work with the same stroke (push to lock or push to unlock)
3) I use a DT Swiss ODL 3 positions remote on my Rocky Mountain Element (FOX 34 SC factory and Float DPS rear shock), it works flawlessly
PS : nice choice this new Blur, keep on posting when you get it
Last edited by NickyR on Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NickyR

by NickyR

1) If your stock rear shock does not come with a remote, you will have to change the "head" of the shock (3 position adj --> 2 position remote)
2) make sure that both your fork and shock work with the same stroke (push to lock or push to unlock)
3) I use a DT Swiss ODL 3 positions remote on my Rocky Mountain Element (FOX 34 SC factory and Float DPS rear shock), it works flawlessly

Jolyon2002

by Jolyon2002

NickyR wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:39 pm
Recently got a blur XC S. it's been a massive upgrade to my trek roscoe 8. So quick and agile. Easily riding 2mph faster for less effort :)