FOX 32 forks TWICE as expensive as rockshox forks?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cula_ru

by cula_ru

I've been checking prices for a new fork for a new build and I see that RockShox forks are about 600-700€, checking the FOX forks they are 1200-1300€! :shock:
Are fox forks twice as better? Twice as better functioning? Twice as better smoothness? Is it about kashima coating? I can't see any differences between the two to justify an extra 600€. The Fox is 80g heavier.
As anyone reviewed this 2 forks?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

de lars cuevas

by de lars cuevas

Hi,

SID SL beats F32 SC hands down, so it's a nobrainer really. Solid review here: https://www.velozine.nl/reviews/review- ... eme-keuze/. It's in Dutch, but with google translate you'll get the message.

Cheers, Lars

cula_ru

by cula_ru

de lars cuevas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:32 pm
Hi,

SID SL beats F32 SC hands down, so it's a nobrainer really. Solid review here: https://www.velozine.nl/reviews/review- ... eme-keuze/. It's in Dutch, but with google translate you'll get the message.

Cheers, Lars

Hi,
Thanks for the review! Can't beat real measurements from german bike mag, and SID beats Fox in terms of stiffness by a significant margin, something I consider very important. Damper performance seems very good too. So SID it is! 1 more part selected and 600€ saved for another! :)

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Any concern about miniscule amount of fluid in the raceday charger?
Since there is so little amount of fluid working the job of much larger damper, it could heat up earlier than burlier forks. I don't know if it'll just heat up more but working fine or heat up and fade...

LeDuke

by LeDuke

I haven’t been on a new 2022 Fox 34 SC Fit4 yet, but it apparently has the same damper as the previous model.

Which was pretty bad.

The stock SID Ultimate with the RaceDay damper was/is a far superior product, despite the limited adjustments. It just works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sulliesbrew

by Sulliesbrew

I've got a fox 32sc with the fit4 on my Oiz and put a SID SL select on my TwoStroke and I really like the SID, no complaints on the fox, but for the money I would run the SID all day.
Pactimo Brand Ambassador, ask me about a Promo code

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Nice. Thanks for the opinions.
I'm wondering why the new scott spark has a FOX in the top of line spark SL? SID With 35 mm stanchions should be even better than the fox 34.
Well Nino Schurter is running with a SID.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Old saying, Rockshock have only a few settings but it works as is. Fox have million tuning configurations that doesn't work that well.

Scott fork and rear suspension are usually custom tuned.
For example, normally 3 position rear shock only adjust the compression damping from fully open, hard to compress and lock out from compressing. Notable that middle setting still have full travel.
Scott's rear suspension also receive air chamber close out in the middle setting. That reduce the travel down. Say, 100mm down to 70mm. Or 120mm down to ~80mm.
Those version of shock is exclusive to Scott. Spark might need some customizability of Fox parts for general consumer. Nino is being Nino. His demand of 38t chainring and etc. are so different from us.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:25 am
Any concern about miniscule amount of fluid in the raceday charger?
Since there is so little amount of fluid working the job of much larger damper, it could heat up earlier than burlier forks. I don't know if it'll just heat up more but working fine or heat up and fade...
Not a real issue, at least as long as you aren't going to the park with a sid.
Gonna avoid commenting on this thread regarding fox vs RockShox because I have some conflict of interest but the new stepcast 32/34 are completely different forks when compared to the old ones :thumbup:

Hexsense

by Hexsense

So... both are good options now.
It's the matter of gold Kashima vs cheaper retail cost for most people. And adjustability vs bigger tire size and rotor size support for technical nerds. And feeling of Fit4 damper vs Raceday charger for people who are in tune with their bike then.

Speaking of which, would Fox just phrase out the 32 SC soon? It's only less than 60g lighter than 34 SC. And the 34 SC 's stiffness is preferred even in XC race.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

I have it on good authority that the fox 32 sc is not being phased out, at least for the next product year :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com