2022 Giant Anthem

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

js

by js

I've seen quite a bit of speculation about the new bike (this video is a good recap - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsnBlgLXgSY), but wasn't able to find much online, so I figured I'd add it here.

The Maestro suspension layout is gone and replaced by Flexpoint, which is the same tech they use on the entry-level Stance. I'm hoping there's some voodoo somewhere to make it a bit more impressive (maybe in the tunes mentioned below), but it seems everyone is going to a single pivot / flex stay layout with their XC race bikes.

Geometry is updated, with headtubes slackened to 67.5 (from 69.0), seattubes getting steepened to 75.5 (from 73.5) and reach growing about an inch for most sizes. A large goes from 454mm to 470mm.

Travel is increased moderately, with 100mm out back and 110mm up front - with a Sid (35mm) on the first Anthem Adv Pro offering and a note that both front and rear suspension are 'tuned for Giant'. Hopefully that helps keep things feeling good, as I'm still impressed with how little bottom out I feel on my 90mm Anthem.

Perhaps most importantly, all models come with a dropper. They took some flack for that one.

Anyone else have additional details they can share?

grantrstubbs

by grantrstubbs

Hi JS -rumors I have heard line up. Details apparently in November. All good changes to the current spec. I'm looking forward to seeing the options. I predict a Live Valve equipped version at the top, similar to Trance and Reign in '22.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

js

by js

Yup - Live Valve seems to be what Reto Indergand has been racing all year, and it's a tech Giant have been spec'ing more than most, so that makes sense.

One extra point I just noticed, the new Anthem suspension layout is referred to as "Flexpoint Pro" versus "Flexpoint" (amateur version?) on the Stance. Hopefully that equates to a more refined feel on the trail.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

People claimed single chainring make suspension design far simpler and linkage driven single pivot+ tuned shock response works as well as multi-link but lighter.
I'm still not fully believing that. Afterall, according to linkagedesign.blogspot.com analysis, many single pivot xc bike doesn't have very high pedaling efficiency (anti-squat) but then rely on remote lock-out to make it pedal well uphill. The exception is Orbea Oiz, that bike has pretty high anti squat (but still come with lockout remote).

Let see the tune of this one. Are they going to make suspensive very active for downhill and then rely heavily on Live Valve for uphill pedaling efficiency?

Benno

by Benno

Just found the parts spec for one of the 2022 Anthems.

Frame Advanced-Grade Composite front and rear triangles, 100mm FlexPoint Pro suspension, 12x148mm thru-axle
Fork RockShox Sid, 110mm, Boost 15x110, 44mm offset, remote lockout, custom tuned for Giant
Shock Fox Float DPS Performance, 165/45, custom tuned for Giant
Handlebar Giant Contact XC Flat, composite, 760x35mm
Grips Giant XC Pro
Stem Giant Contact SL XC, 35mm
Seatpost Giant Contact Switch dropper, remote
S: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm
M: 125mm travel / 30.9 x 395mm
L: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 440mm
XL: 150mm travel / 30.9 x 445mm
Saddle Fi'zi:k Antares R7 with S-Alloy rails
Pedals N/A
Shifters Shimano Deore M6100, 1x12
Front Der. N/A
Rear Der. Shimano Deore RD-M6100
Brakes Shimano Deore MT410, hydraulic, Shimano RT-26 rotors [F]180mm, [R]160mm
Brake Levers Shimano Deore MT401
Cassette Shimano Deore M6100, 10x51
Chain KMC X-12
Crankset Praxis Cadet, 32t
Bottom Bracket Shimano, press fit
Rims Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem
Hubs Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem
Spokes Giant XCR 2 29 Carbon WheelSystem
Tires Maxxis Recon Race 29x2.4, foldable, TLR, EXO, tubeless
Extras tubeless prepared, 2.4" max tire size, 34t max chainring size, Giant/MRP CS chain guide

SeanofChelsea

by SeanofChelsea

Any pics of the production bikes yet?

grantrstubbs

by grantrstubbs

Can't wait for some specs of the higher-end bikes. I wonder whether there will be an Advanced SL frame?

Benno

by Benno

Those specs I posted are for the Advanced Pro 3 and it retails for $5499 CAD. I can only imagine the price points of the 1 or even 0 will be astronomical.

SeanofChelsea

by SeanofChelsea

Performance shock and Deore components for $5499 CDN???? I'm putting my bike up for sale for WAY more now. That is insane.

grantrstubbs

by grantrstubbs

anyone have new updates on the release dates or models?

js

by js

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com