Damaged frame

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Richington

by Richington

Since they are offering a full refund they are meeting their legal requirements unfortunately.

sigma

by sigma

Richington wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:10 pm
No I cant buy anything else without the money back from this. Furthermore there are no MTBs in stock anywhere and this was my first. So if this cant work then I wont have one for a long time.
Product is beginning to come back online now. Just had a Shimano restock locally and some new frames popping up.
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Richington

by Richington

In case anyone is curious as to how this story ended:

After some back and forth they asked me if I was comfortable with riding the damaged frame this season until they could send me a new frame when they had it back in stock. Which I accepted.

They get a lot of criticism for their customer support but in this case I feel like Canyon were very forthcoming with me and all things considered I am happy with the end result.

eurostar

by eurostar

Great news!

froze

by froze

You need to contact the manufacture ASAP!! so what if it takes months to get another month or two? they may put you on a priority handling and you could get a new frame faster, either way you paid good money for a bike, you need to have satisfaction, if they ask for it to be sent back for examination and they determine it is fine they might give you some sort of compensation for the damage. But I would not ride the bike or assemble it till they tell you what they want to do. If they tell you to send it in for examination and they determine the damage is not a threat then make sure you get that in writing and file it.