Scott Spark 2022

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rainerhq

by rainerhq

No, you can´t reach the bolt, which holds the pads, because the seatstay is on your way.
But comon, how often do you replace these pads.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

rainerhq

by rainerhq

double
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xsnailx

by xsnailx

From what i remember raceface can use in spindle power meter, same as easton but it is only available as used one since it has been discontinued for some werid reason.

raggi wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:11 pm
Picked up the L model, I've only done some short rides on it and I've still yet to take it on any trails, but the feeling so far is that the fit is absolutely spot on..

Now for the next dilemma - power meter; I picked up the RC Team edition with Race Face Next R cranks with the 55mm (super boost?) chainline.. Both the Sigeyi Axo and power2max spiders that fit on these cranks come for the regular boost 52mm chainline.. Are people solving this using some clever chainring placement shenanigans? Or just moving over to pedal-based power until the spiders catch up?

raggi

by raggi

xsnailx wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:27 pm
From what i remember raceface can use in spindle power meter, same as easton but it is only available as used one since it has been discontinued for some werid reason.
Ended up getting the power2max ngeco race face spider and have been running that for a few months now without any problems whatsoever.

teakay

by teakay

It looks like the 2023 range is up on the Scott Website. I have Team Issue AXS on order, but it has had quite a price hike (about 35%) though it has gained the 1 piece bar & Stem & a dropper post. Anyone know what the go is when you order from the previous range & there is a change in price & spec?
Last edited by teakay on Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snaxez

by snaxez

Those prices are just crazy. I love my old Spark, but I had to go with 2023 Orbea Oiz this time. Will get 20% discount when preordering and top end speced bike comes almost half the price of top end Spark SL.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

teakay wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:27 pm
It looks like the 2023 range is up on the Scott Website. I have Team Issue AXS on order, but it has had quite a price hike (about 35%) though it has gained the 1 piece bar & Stem & a dropper post. Anyone know what the go is when you order from the previous range & there is a change in price & spec?
Not quite sure what you mean. But if, as a retail customer, you paid a deposit and have a specific bike on order and that exact same bike rises in price before it arrives then you have a legal right to the original agreed price (at least in EU).

If you have a preorder for 'whatever the next year's model is when it comes out' then it is what it is. You would understand in that case that the outgoing range is just a rough guide.