Scott Spark 2022

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

SuperEvo

by SuperEvo

What dropper post setup are you using (in the pic above)? Or did the demo come with the dropper? Contemplating adding one and would prefer the twinloc with suspension and dropper in same remote.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

It's the Fox Transfer SL, that was my choice. Twinloc + dropper in the same remote is an option but i didnt really like all those levers on the same side. Left for suspension and right for dropper, made it easier in my head :P. Operating the two seperate also makes it easier to quickly drop the saddle and making sure the suspension is fully open.

SuperEvo

by SuperEvo

Great input, thanks! Should receive mine soon, still not decided on dropper setup, we´ll see...

prebsy

by prebsy

any idea if scott plans to put the rockshox autopilot on in place of the twinloc (on select builds) in 2023+ ? that on the new spark (non-rc) sounds like a dream machine to me.

talentdeficient

by talentdeficient

I was sceptical about the Transfer SL, but I actually like it a lot, and it suits the bike well. It took me longer to get used to AXS shifter (having always had mechanical) than it did the triple lock set up.

teakay

by teakay

Interesting to hear the opinions. I haven't ridden much offroad for a while particularly racing. Have been looking at xc bikes with the thoughts of may be doing some marathon type events. Other than a Trek STP I have only ever ridden hard tails. Tough to know if my best bet is a more capable bike like the new Scott to make up for my growing age,decrepit back & time away from the trails or given the local terrain if something like a Lux or supercaliber will make the most of my TT racers diesel engine.

raggi

by raggi

I've been looking at getting the Spark RC Team, but the only stock where I live is in size L (with M some months away).

I'm ~179cm and usually opt for smaller bikes, I ride 54cm road bikes and used to have M Specialized Epic HT.

The Scott sizing calculator puts me smack dab in the middle of M and L, anyone with experience of choosing between the two sizes? I'd really like to get my hands on one of these bikes but obviously the right sizing is extremely important

llhh

by llhh

raggi wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:01 pm
I've been looking at getting the Spark RC Team, but the only stock where I live is in size L (with M some months away).

I'm ~179cm and usually opt for smaller bikes, I ride 54cm road bikes and used to have M Specialized Epic HT.

The Scott sizing calculator puts me smack dab in the middle of M and L, anyone with experience of choosing between the two sizes? I'd really like to get my hands on one of these bikes but obviously the right sizing is extremely important
Bought an L-size RC Pro to my kid who is 178cm tall and it rides like a charm. I am pretty sure it will be perfect.
Parlee Z1 Super Record
Dogma F Red AXS

kgcx

by kgcx

raggi wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:01 pm

I'd get the large, I am 175 cm tall with a medium 910 and have the seatpost at its maximum height with the stock dropper post. My inseam isn't particularly large for my height either at 81 cm.

raggi

by raggi

Picked up the L model, I've only done some short rides on it and I've still yet to take it on any trails, but the feeling so far is that the fit is absolutely spot on..

Now for the next dilemma - power meter; I picked up the RC Team edition with Race Face Next R cranks with the 55mm (super boost?) chainline.. Both the Sigeyi Axo and power2max spiders that fit on these cranks come for the regular boost 52mm chainline.. Are people solving this using some clever chainring placement shenanigans? Or just moving over to pedal-based power until the spiders catch up?

greatstewie

by greatstewie

which is best spark, supercalibor, or lux?

tarmackev

by tarmackev

greatstewie wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:49 pm
I've just gone from a 2021 Lux to a very much older tech Scott Spark 2015 and for me the Spark is the better bike. The riding postion feels slightly less upright and the bike feels smoother on the trails. The Lux was very good but the Spark is better. The spark is now 3 generations back. Would love to try the new one.

greatstewie

by greatstewie

tarmackev wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:06 am
greatstewie wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:49 pm
I've just gone from a 2021 Lux to a very much older tech Scott Spark 2015 and for me the Spark is the better bike. The riding postion feels slightly less upright and the bike feels smoother on the trails. The Lux was very good but the Spark is better. The spark is now 3 generations back. Would love to try the new one.
ok ty

Christopher3000

by Christopher3000

FYI: it's not possible to remove and reinstall rear brake pads on the 2022 Spark frames without removing the brake caliper, at least with Shimano 2 piston brakes. seems like the dropped the seatstay just a little too much. so every time you want to change a rear brake pad, you have to remove and reinstall the caliper, and realign the caliper/pistons to the rotor. Not a great thing to have to do at a campsite or in a parking lot, IMO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Can you not just drop them out of the bottom of the caliper instead?