Scott Spark 2022

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

smartyiak

by smartyiak

prebsy wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:36 pm
ghostinthemachine wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:38 am
cula_ru wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:37 am
but my local area and trails are still the same!
keep your current bike then. 😂

this is the painful truth lol. My lux with it's 69.5* HTa is still perfect for my home trails... no matter how "gnarly XCO courses are getting!"
False. That bike is unrideable....you'll die. Get the new Spark and report back! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

marecej

by marecej

JayDee81 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:01 pm
Anyone nerdy enough to list some well known frame weights with shock and hardware for comparison? I mean how is the HMF frame doing weight wise?
Unno Horn is 1796g with everything
Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

talentdeficient

by talentdeficient

Been trying my hardest to get hold of one of these, but Scotts new distribution methods in the UK make it impossible to find an XL World Cup without ringing every dealer there is. Frustrating to say the least!

cula_ru

by cula_ru

talentdeficient wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:03 am
Been trying my hardest to get hold of one of these, but Scotts new distribution methods in the UK make it impossible to find an XL World Cup without ringing every dealer there is. Frustrating to say the least!
The bikes are supposed to be available next year I think. So it'll be hard to get one now, and if we consider materials shortages and covid...

cula_ru

by cula_ru

What's the diferrence between the HMX and HMX-SL frames? Less carbon layers in the SL version?

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Ok found the answer here:
http://carbonexperts.scott-sports.com/
HMX-SL utilizes Nano-technology, which incorporates a carbon nanotube reinforced epoxy resin as well as T1000G carbon fiber. The carbon nanotubes offer an improved strength perpendicular and at off-axis to fiber direction, which allows for a better inter-laminar shear strength. The cohesion between the fibers is improved compared to our industry leading HMX carbon blend offering an unprecedented resistance. T1000G is the world's highest tensile strength fiber. This fiber is traditionally used for aerospace or defense applications. Strategic use of this new material results in a frame that is lightweight without compromise in power transfer.
http://carbonexperts.scott-sports.com/i ... mx_hmf.jpg

ghostinthemachine

by ghostinthemachine

cula_ru wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:53 pm
The bikes are supposed to be available next year I think. So it'll be hard to get one now, and if we consider materials shortages and covid...
Friend of mine has ordered two, delivery *about* easter time. One AXS equipped (not sure which one) and an eagle (GX?) equipped one.

Means he'll be selling both his current ones (bought last august), which are too small for me.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

I got mine yesterday. Team Issue AXS.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

rainerhq wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:12 am
I got mine yesterday. Team Issue AXS.
And? Ride review? Pics? Obligatory scale shot?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

rainerhq

by rainerhq

I will change wheels, tyres, seatpost, saddle, chain, chainring, cassette, rotors. New parts should arrive this week.
Haven´t ridden it yet.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I hope you're a better bike rider than photographer :lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing the updated build
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

mcfarton

by mcfarton

bikewithnoname wrote:I hope you're a better bike rider than photographer :lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing the updated build
Image it’s funny because it’s true. Anyway I am sure that a sweet ride. Let’s get some better pictures maybe even on a trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Haven´t ridden MTB for 4 years or so. I was smiling the whole hour today, when riding this thing.
Handlebar and grips need to be changed.
11,26kg w/o Garmin. Bottlecage and pedals included.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Not bad. 👍😄
Keep riding and having fun.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

I've got mine aswell (for over 3 weeks now), it's a so called testbike that i will keep, Team Issue AXS. Now with Silverton SL wheels (owned by the shop), i will go for dt240 and duke rims.

It's a very capable machine, very stiff for a FS. Impressed how well it rides even in the open mode, in the saddle you dont feel you are riding with a 120mm bike. Now the reach got longer i'm finally able to ride some shorter stem, the handling with a 60mm pen (standard in medium) is so sharp.
For some local trails it's maybe al little overkill, but it still feels like a XC machine, just capable of doing better at the downhills.
Downsides: the bike is quite low to the ground, hitting the ground with my cranks is more common then on my Top Fuel. And the bike had to go on a diet, with the standard aluminium wheels it was dang heavy.