2021 Scalpel now gone to boost

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

la85

by la85

Getting a warranty frame replacement for a 2018 hi mod scalpel with a 2021 hi mod frame.

I've noticed that the frame has now gone to 148x12mm boost.

This means my 2018 142x12mm hollowgram wheel won't fit correctly.

Thoughts on a way to fix this? Doesn't look like adapters are availiable... might have to get a new hub and get the wheel re built?

FrederickVCyclestein

by FrederickVCyclestein

You should be able to buy a spacer kit and new axles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

Yes there's a spacer kit for the short term. But annoying as the 6mm spacer drops out when you remove the wheel. Having to dish it over further means you lose the benefit of a dishless wheel which is a big benefit to Ai.

I'm inclined to think Cannondale are responsible for giving you a functional bike. I'd be asking if they will supply a rear wheel or rear hub as well.

la85

by la85

grover wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:36 am
Yes there's a spacer kit for the short term. But annoying as the 6mm spacer drops out when you remove the wheel. Having to dish it over further means you lose the benefit of a dishless wheel which is a big benefit to Ai.

I'm inclined to think Cannondale are responsible for giving you a functional bike. I'd be asking if they will supply a rear wheel or rear hub as well.
Thanks mate. I asked the same question yesterday and you are correct... they will supply a fucntional bike with either of the two options you mentioned which is good!