So what non biking weight weenie items do you have?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

02GF74

by 02GF74

I have a Titanium front door key for a yale lock, had it for about 26 years, it used to be anodised purple, somewhat worn away, to match a Saracen kilicomp mtb I used to own.

Also have Ti KFS for camping.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

joejack951

by joejack951

Altra Vanish-R shoes for short running races.

Back in my automotive tinkering days, I removed significant weight from my Porsche 944 Turbo by ditching certain conveniences (a/c, radio, power steering, windows, locks, and sunroof). I installed a pair of manually adjusted plastic-bodied side mirrors which were super light compared to the cast aluminum stock parts. Lighter wheels, too, and plenty of other stuff I’ve forgotten about. Of course, due to lack of physical exercise back then I was also fatter and so counteracted much of that weight loss!

A friend and I have an ongoing project for developing high power LED lights for video/photo use with a focus on compact size and light weight.

Orbital

by Orbital

My wedding ring is carbon fiber with a Ti band in the middle.

Primera23

by Primera23

My car is kinda WW. :twisted: Stripped completely inside, no carpet, lighter seats,... got rid of all the extra's you don't really need. Relocated battery behind passenger seat for better weight distribution. Lightweight rims, titanium exhaust,... in fact not much standard things left on the car :lol: