TREK Supercaliber - 8.8kg

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cula_ru

by cula_ru

thepassista wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:08 pm
cula_ru wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 9:47 pm
Very nice bike!
That must have been a top €uro investment! Can we know how was it?
even i don't know exactly...
I think you don't want to know :D
We need to rob a bank these days to buy a bike. 😧

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thepassista

by thepassista

Kristinka wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 8:40 pm
thepassista wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:41 pm
Kristinka wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:28 pm
Where is the blip box mounted? Is it inside the Gemini stem? Do they somehow adjusted the bar combo for the Zirbel + Blip?
it's inside the frame, "behind' the fork
Thank you for your reply. I am also planing to use Blipbox with the Zirbel Twister. I have already bought the AXS Blipbox. I am yet to order the Zirbel. I just need to think up where to place it and thus the cable lenght needed.
How is the Blip attached inside of the frame? Did you glued it in? How do you reach the Blipbox button? Do you need to use the button often?
Just put it into enough bubble foil, it won't move anywhere. And after pairing you won't need to use the blipbox anymore. FYI: micro adjustments could only be done with the "original" AXS shifter!

carbonazza

by carbonazza

thepassista wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 10:07 am
...And after pairing you won't need to use the blipbox anymore. FYI: micro adjustments could only be done with the "original" AXS shifter!
You will need access to the button on the blipbox to upgrade the firmware.
And micro adjustments can be done by pressing that button at the sane time you shift up/down.

If you can, put the box in a way the button remains accessible, for instance through an unused shifter hole in the frame, with a tool.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Very tidy build. Always surprises me the weight you can get a full-sus down to these days and still have it fit for purpose. I mean an S-works Diverge weighs the same as this (8.8kg according to Spech), costs a touch under EUR 12k, and doesn't have to factor in the weight of "real suspension" on both ends!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

njyeti

by njyeti

Delete - duplicate post
Last edited by njyeti on Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

njyeti

by njyeti

thepassista wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Thanks! Wheels has been already changed to Extralite CarboCamber 2 - Berd spoke edition (27mm inside width, 995gr/set) :)
8.6kg right now :)

Will try to take some new photos, while it's clean :)
Hi, any feedback on the carbocambers?

thepassista

by thepassista

njyeti wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:50 am
thepassista wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Thanks! Wheels has been already changed to Extralite CarboCamber 2 - Berd spoke edition (27mm inside width, 995gr/set) :)
8.6kg right now :)

Will try to take some new photos, while it's clean :)
Hi, any feedback on the carbocambers?
Hi!

I only have the factory Bontrager XXX set as comparison. But they do feel lighter (not a suprise) and has def. better vibration absoption.

Used on a few XCM races, so far so good. But will bring the XXX set as a backup for stage races.... Would be hard (if not impossible) to find anybody who can repair the Berd spokes..

njyeti

by njyeti

thepassista wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:30 pm

I only have the factory Bontrager XXX set as comparison. But they do feel lighter (not a suprise) and has def. better vibration absoption.

Used on a few XCM races, so far so good. But will bring the XXX set as a backup for stage races.... Would be hard (if not impossible) to find anybody who can repair the Berd spokes..
That's a good call about bringing the spare wheelset to races (frankly one of my hesitations with going with Berd- but I'm still very interested. Any opinion on the Extralite hubs? Have you been running them during daily use as well? Thanks!

thepassista

by thepassista

njyeti wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:04 am
thepassista wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:30 pm

That's a good call about bringing the spare wheelset to races (frankly one of my hesitations with going with Berd- but I'm still very interested. Any opinion on the Extralite hubs? Have you been running them during daily use as well? Thanks!
If i'm right, Berd sell builder kit, (cannot find it now) which would be necessary to repair/replace a spoke. Extralite gave two spare spokes but, no way to change it without that kit.
About Extralite Hubs: They sounds great :) I'm using this bike 99% for racing, and have a very basic Procaliber for training, so i cannot tell you about its durability yet. But i know a Scott bike builder (@axelffabian) made a stronger torque caps for its own build..

small update: changed the shifter back to factory SRAM "updated" model. Zirbel is great, but i would use it for the dropper in the future, as i tend to hold my fingers on the shifter button, and it changed gears every time i hit a medium/big bump or even a smaller rock. Well still just 8.63kg :D