Flat Mount XC Brakes (front AND rear)

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jlok

by jlok

jbattermann wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:36 pm
Where those levers specifically for / with the newer 2-piece Red/Force calipers or are these original/unchanged ones?
The levers haven't changed i guess. Mine are the oldest one that came with the monoblock calipers. In fact, I want to swap my front brake to 2-piece calipers as I find them stiffer. The monoblock would bulge a bit at the end stroke, which contributes to the sponge feel.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

boots2000

by boots2000

In my research you can only get the XTR flat mount as a rear brake.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GPetsis

by GPetsis

jlok wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:16 am
jbattermann wrote:
Where those levers specifically for / with the newer 2-piece Red/Force calipers or are these original/unchanged ones?
The levers haven't changed i guess. Mine are the oldest one that came with the monoblock calipers. In fact, I want to swap my front brake to 2-piece calipers as I find them stiffer. The monoblock would bulge a bit at the end stroke, which contributes to the sponge feel.
its supposed to be the other way around.
Monoblock stiffer than 2-piece design.
Maybe they have overtrim out the monoblock for weight reasons and it does flex.

jlok

by jlok

GPetsis wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:22 pm
jlok wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:16 am
jbattermann wrote:
its supposed to be the other way around.
Monoblock stiffer than 2-piece design.
Maybe they have overtrim out the monoblock for weight reasons and it does flex.
Yeah I thought the same until I mixed them on the same bike. My friend and I can actually see it bulge a bit when look closely. Maybe that's why they moved to 2-piece design.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10