Light XC Wheelsets

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Indyx

by Indyx

Thanks for the advice guys.

While We are One looked really good, their lead time right now was quoted at 6 weeks. One of my concerns was also, I bought a set of road wheels in the past with a lifetime warranty, and the company is no longer in business. Not saying that will happen with WAO, but it was even a concern for me with Enve.

The good chinese options with good hubs are now approaching 50-75% the cost on NA made/Name Brands, which is interesting and good to see. The 50% ones have 0 crash/rock warranty too. While the 75% cost ones have a warranty, their resale value is not the same as ENVE/DT Swiss.

In the end after considering all the good options, decided to buy DT Swiss 1200 XRC wheels. They now offer a 10 year no questions asked warranty for $250 dollars per wheel, and they probably will be around in 10 years. 180 EXP hubs, 28h rim, and apparently wheel built. While their wheels are pricey, I bought a set out of Europe way cheaper than in the USA , and had them air freighted over to the USA. Also, when I called their warranty center in Colorado, I got someone in the warranty department on the phone within 2 seconds, and he said yeah, you send them here for warranty issues. That's worth $$$ to me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

DT Wheels are nice. I have a couple sets of DTs and am happy. Fantastic hubs.

They are not anywhere near as nice as We Are One. Neither are Enve, Roval, Bontrager, etc. (I own some of those, too.) Not in the same league when it comes to build and finish quality. I don't mean quality for the price, but quality overall. None of that likely matters when you're riding, or course. You don't admire perfect layups while pedaling.
They're a newer company, and "will they be around" is the only reason for not choosing them over anyone else, IMO. That said, they seem to be experiencing healthy growth, and I expect they'll do well. Everyone who sees my We Are One Wheels ends up buying their own set.

AnkitS

by AnkitS

I've had a set of We Are Ones that I got as a prize for a work based competition and the finish was pretty frickin nice. Never ridden a set though.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Anyone has feedback on this Carbon-ti wheelset?
https://www.lordgun.com/carbon-ti-x-whe ... wheelset-1

thegolfather

by thegolfather

Podium SRD 29er racing wheelset how about these wheelset?

freeriderxy

by freeriderxy

My new wheelset.Extralite hubs,Sapim Laser spokes,and Aliexpress rims(265 g/pcs)
I am 80kg and wheels hold on!!
Attachments
20211211_182440.jpg
BE a bike raider ,NOT a net surfer!
https://www.strava.com/dashboard

prebsy

by prebsy

265g oh my lord. got a link?

freeriderxy

by freeriderxy

BE a bike raider ,NOT a net surfer!
https://www.strava.com/dashboard

prebsy

by prebsy

wow farsports with the 265g 25.5mm internal rim. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 6450aZtIiG

zscs

by zscs

I would have a non-boost wheelset related question. I have an old Canyon carbon XC hardtail with Niner rigid fork, 15x100mm, frame is an old 12x142mm one and I'm planning to use it as a hillclimb machine (sub-8 kgs already with rigid fork) but the current wheelset I have, that's more than 5 years old with 20k+ kms (Acros 29 XC carbon) and both hubs have issues already & also no warranty anymore.
Since I have a CX/gravel bike as well and I would need a spare & light wheelset to that bike as well, came to my mind, what if I bought a CX/gravel wheelset that I could use also in my old hillclimb XC machine. :)
For example: https://www.dtswiss.com/en/wheels/wheel ... 400-spline

my only problem, is it possible to convert the 12x100mm to 15x100mm? Somehow it's not clear this to me, also not found any info on this yet. Thanks!

thewoodsman

by thewoodsman

not many hubs allow for different axle/frame sizes; would need to swap the endcaps or possibly larger internal parts. i have no experience with most other hubs because I have stuck with i9 for a long time. one of the reasons i like i9 is that the hub endcaps are easily swapped and they make them for a bunch of different standards, so i can move them from bike to bike with relative ease. did that for a while without issue.

jemima

by jemima

freepk,

Could you give some thoughts on those rims i.e. no issues building them up? Ride quality? if you've been on them yet.
Curve Grovel ti.

farsportssandy

by farsportssandy

jemima wrote:freepk,

Could you give some thoughts on those rims i.e. no issues building them up? Ride quality? if you've been on them yet.
They are ok no problems. And you could order rims/hubs/spokes loosely to assemble them by yourself.

www.wheelsfar.com
oem.farsports.cn
windy@farsports.cn for any questions or information.

通过我的 CDY-AN90 上的 Tapatalk发言

woodzyz

by woodzyz

cula_ru wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:18 am
Anyone has feedback on this Carbon-ti wheelset?
https://www.lordgun.com/carbon-ti-x-whe ... wheelset-1
Their hub quality are ok and especially light,but their rim designs seems lack of professional input,if you like their rim design,it should be a choice.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com