New Rockshox Sid 2021

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Just chiming in here re: SID.

The SID Ultimate w/35mm stanchions is a great fork. They really nailed the chassis AND the damper. So much better than a Fox 34 SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scant

by scant

the only downside i've heard of the sid is bushing issues. i'm curious about the new pending Fox 34sc

carbonazza

by carbonazza

scant wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:41 pm
the only downside i've heard of the sid is bushing issues. i'm curious about the new pending Fox 34sc
About the 120mm specifically, or the 100mm too?

cula_ru

by cula_ru

Quick question what happened to carbon crown forks from rockshox? Shouldn't a carbon crown and steer tube be lighter and stronger than aluminium?

LeDuke

by LeDuke

cula_ru wrote:Quick question what happened to carbon crown forks from rockshox? Shouldn't a carbon crown and steer tube be lighter and stronger than aluminium?
The carbon crowns were always under built. Which resulted in flexing in the crown/steerer area.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

LeDuke wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:23 pm
cula_ru wrote:Quick question what happened to carbon crown forks from rockshox? Shouldn't a carbon crown and steer tube be lighter and stronger than aluminium?
The carbon crowns were always under built. Which resulted in flexing in the crown/steerer area.

Really? I don't feel any flex in my SID XX WC 26".

Primera23

by Primera23

Primera23 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:52 am
So quick update regarding the cap for the air valve. I asked the question at R2bike some days ago. I was notified that it would take a day or 3 to respond. In the mean time I came to the conclusion that I had such a cap still on my wifes bike. She has the SID RLC from 2018. So I quickly tested it myself and its a perfect fit. Inside of the ULTIMATE is a bit conical as is the cap so it seems that it closes the "hole" nicely. So I went ahead and ordered such a HOPP carbon cap yesterday. Now I just got repsons from R2BIKE saying that it doesn't fit and no after market solution exists at this point. I guess I will have to wait and see ;-)
Yet another update regarding the air cap on the SID SL. So got my carbon version from HOPP and it fits perfectely. So those looking to get rid of the dirt pile up in the hole, can use the cap from previous model SID without any problems. Downside: you will get a "whopping" weight penalty of 1,5gr :lol:

Finished bike (because I can) :wink:

Attermann

by Attermann

the brake hose is supposed to go on the inside for the fork, it looks like yours are on the outside.

02GF74

by 02GF74

Attermann wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm
the brake hose is supposed to go on the inside for the fork, it looks like yours are on the outside.
well spotted - not only will it save a few grammes due to being shorter but no chance of it getting caught on say a branch/twig.

Primera23

by Primera23

Attermann wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:31 pm
Yeah, got the same remark already from a friend. Didn't quite think it through when setting up the bike. Too excited I guess :lol: It's on my to do list to fix

bokiscout

by bokiscout

If i remove the remote cable on the SID SL RL 2021 (with twist lock) the fork will stay in open mode or firm mode?

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The fork will stay open

bokiscout

by bokiscout

How about use of third party remote on SID SL Selecet.
- Should I expect any compatibility issues?

If buying sid with remote lockout I would consider using remote in this style:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Cable pull is all the same, I use a Dt Swiss Lockout with a Rockshox Fork, those suntour lockout are really cheap though

LeDuke

by LeDuke

After I saw the new 2022 Fox 34 SC details, I’m more than happy with my SID 35 purchase.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com