Cannondale Scalpel SI 2018

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carlin

by Carlin

Hi Guys,

Right so I have recently picked up a complete Cannondale Scalpel 2018 it’s surprisingly light as standard but I’d like to try and strip some weight off even more. So this is current spec
Enve M50 wheels DT 240 rear hub and standard front Cannondale hub.
Enve seatpost and bars
SRAM Eagle groupset
SRAM ULT brakes
SRAM 6 bolts disc
That’s the basics above.
So I have a budget of 2k to spend ive just purchased the SRAM Eagle AXS already to replace the current groupset. So I’m asking around what other options could I add. My first idea is the wheels/hubs was wondering about the Extralite Hubs has anyone used them and are they worth the upgrade/just unsure of the rims.

I must just add obviously riders weight as I know some W/Weenies limited to weight. I’m 13.2st/83.4kg

I’m definitely also thinking of C-Bear Ceramic Bearings wheels/bottom brackets unless there’s better options.

Thanks guys
Attachments
DCC93F93-ED92-4C93-8221-DE6A83A6DA02.jpeg

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I had 2017 model and I upgraded this year to 2019 model to get Ocho. There’s not too much you can do but regular items like grips, tires and if you want to keep current lefty you can get Leonardi’s steerer tube to be able to use normal stem.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sqber

by sqber

Loose the Shimano sticker from the chainstay! Sram bike with that sticker looks heavy :)
You can change the saddle for something lighter (Tune, Mcfk)