pf30 to gxp bb?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

simoncx

by simoncx

Any suggestions for a pf30 to gxp bb? I was using a kogel but that didnt even last 7 months and today going over the bike the drive side is prefect but the non drive bearing is garbage, not very impressed since the bike was only used 400miles tops with 1 wet race and other then that all rides were in dry weather.

boots2000

by boots2000

I have been getting good life out of my Enduro XD15.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nickf

by nickf

I really like hawk racing bb's. Full stainless is what I like to run. Road bike has 3 year old bearings that still spin like new.

simoncx

by simoncx

I've heard good things about hawk racing and the xd15, for a temp fix I got the same size cheap bearing that I'll replace for now so I can keep riding. I do have to say kogel wasn't very helpful, all they said was we can sell you another bearing but it was more then almost all online stores want and the 2 year warranty isn't valid because it wasnt bought directly from them, even though the bb was bought new and have receipt from the online store.

spookyload

by spookyload

Call Kogel. One year no question replacement. They will next day you a new one. I am using the same BB on my commuter with 11k miles of creak free use. And that is in a Ti frame.

savechief

by savechief

I'm using a Praxis conversion BB on my Turner Czar (PF30) with SRAM X01 Eagle GXP cranks. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

scale29

by scale29

I use the Hope version of the Praxis, 3 years and counting so far.....

jlok

by jlok

Wheels Manufacturing PF30 Outboard
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

simoncx

by simoncx

Sorry called kogel and there no questions warranty isn't what you think. I was told if its not bought directly from them it has to be handled through the store it was bought from, unfortunately I bought it from a ebay store but now found out they are not a kogel dealer so no warranty even though it was bought new in box and I have a receipt. Already ordered a chris king, the one on my road bike is almost 5 years old and still spinning great.

huddini

by huddini

Get a Hambini, no need to waste time on anything else!

Pat2A

by Pat2A

huddini wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:00 pm
Get a Hambini, no need to waste time on anything else!
Same of BBInfinite ?

jlok

by jlok

Does Hambini do GxP? I thought he hates it and avoid it as he said that the tolerance/workmanship of GxP cranks is very poor.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

huddini

by huddini

GXP an BB86 is shit, but he does things that make it useable. Maybe I didnt understand the problem. If you want BB30 in a BB86 its no go. If you go BB30/PF30 with GXP Hambini makes it.

spookyload

by spookyload

simoncx wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:35 pm
Sorry called kogel and there no questions warranty isn't what you think. I was told if its not bought directly from them it has to be handled through the store it was bought from, unfortunately I bought it from a ebay store but now found out they are not a kogel dealer so no warranty even though it was bought new in box and I have a receipt. Already ordered a chris king, the one on my road bike is almost 5 years old and still spinning great.
Sorry. If you don’t buy from an authorized dealer, no company is going to warranty a product. It’s the only way to combat grey market sales.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

02GF74

by 02GF74

I made an adapter from two different diameter aluminum tube. One piece fits in the bb bearing, a larger diameter piece fits over the other and spaces the cranks against the bearing, a wave washer ensures the bearings are not overloaded. The two tubes are pinned to stop the inner one moving inside the bb.

Tricky part is measurement. Tubes cut with a tube cutter so diy.

I can post photo if anyone is interested.