SRAM Eagle AXS

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

spookyload

by spookyload

Mine finally came in. Very nice kit. Surprised to see a SRAM Eagle branded multi-tool included. As mentioned above by someone else, I don’t need or want the Eagle XX dub crank if anyone is looking to buy one. It’s nice, but I have a Quarq Eagle XX already, and it is basically the same crank.
86A6CFA8-5DFF-406D-A973-B96D7DE2ABC9.jpeg

spookyload

by spookyload

Love the multi-tool. It is a nice touch.
369FB7D4-97D2-46B1-95C0-FB5ED18985BB.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Looks like individual pieces wil be availeble in july

https://r2-bike.com/navi.php?jtl_token= ... +eagle+axs

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

spookyload

by spookyload

Bike is built and ridden. Shifting is flawless so far. If you like Di2, you will be very comfortable with this shifting speed and reliability. Did three hours on it Sunday and it never hiccuped. Doing a 12 hour very hilly race this weekend. Should be perfect there too.
E13CF3EB-6338-4F6F-B400-677D684D115E.jpeg

MagicShite

by MagicShite

spookyload wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 am
Bike is built and ridden. Shifting is flawless so far. If you like Di2, you will be very comfortable with this shifting speed and reliability. Did three hours on it Sunday and it never hiccuped. Doing a 12 hour very hilly race this weekend. Should be perfect there too. E13CF3EB-6338-4F6F-B400-677D684D115E.jpeg
is it me or is your chain out of sync?

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

That is normal for eagle with no tension on the chain.

spookyload

by spookyload

MagicShite wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:26 pm
spookyload wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:42 am
Bike is built and ridden. Shifting is flawless so far. If you like Di2, you will be very comfortable with this shifting speed and reliability. Did three hours on it Sunday and it never hiccuped. Doing a 12 hour very hilly race this weekend. Should be perfect there too. E13CF3EB-6338-4F6F-B400-677D684D115E.jpeg

is it me or is your chain out of sync?
Hmm...no idea what that means. It was installed per the dealer manual.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

TheRich wrote:
boots2000 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:57 pm
I actually decided to order XTR 9100 instead.
(Based on a friend's experience with new XTR)
Don't judge the shifter until you've given it a chance to break in a little, they have a weird crunchy feeling when new. Now it feels pretty much like 11-speed XTR.
The ones we are using here are still rubbish after 10 rides. How much of a break in took your friend’s?

whyamihere

by whyamihere

I got my X01 Eagle today. It's already dead. Got it paired initially and did the usual click the buttons a few times to make sure it works, put it on the bike and nothing. It doesn't respond to the shifter, nothing happens when you press the AXS button, no lights shown, so I'm guessing the electronics have catastrophically failed. I've contacted the retailer about warranty, but it's incredibly annoying.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

whyamihere wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:02 pm
I got my X01 Eagle today. It's already dead. Got it paired initially and did the usual click the buttons a few times to make sure it works, put it on the bike and nothing. It doesn't respond to the shifter, nothing happens when you press the AXS button, no lights shown, so I'm guessing the electronics have catastrophically failed. I've contacted the retailer about warranty, but it's incredibly annoying.
Have you checked that the battery has any charge?

whyamihere

by whyamihere

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:41 pm
whyamihere wrote:
Yep, fully charged the battery, it made no difference.

CGT

by CGT

Fisherfreerider wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:40 pm
That is normal for eagle with no tension on the chain.
Yeah, and when you apply tensinon and force the chain into place, you can snap a teeth of the 50t alu cog. Ah, the wonderful Eagle engineering...

spookyload

by spookyload

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:41 pm
whyamihere wrote:
Did you try replacing the CR2032 battery in the shifter?

whyamihere

by whyamihere

The shifter light shows green when I press any buttons, the light on the derailleur does not light up at all, and the derailleur does not move when pressing the AXS button. It's definitely the derailleur.

scant

by scant

whyamihere wrote:
just to clarify you bought it brand new & on first attempt it doesnt work?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com