SRAM Eagle AXS

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

whyamihere

by whyamihere

Yep. It worked for a couple of minutes just after getting it out of the box, then completely failed by the time I had it mounted on the bike. The retailer is being rather slow with the warranty process too, so I've still not ridden it.

alber84

by alber84

When I installed it gave me problems the control of the change. try to remove the batteries for a few hours so they are completely reset to see if there is luck

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sapateira

by Sapateira

1050 RRP for a mountain bike rear derrailleur...maybe I am wrong but its really too much for a part so propence too broke/have an incident.

LeePaton

by LeePaton

Are people really out here destroying rear mechs?!

20+ years of mountain biking on every level of component and never once broke one. What are you doing?!

req110

by req110

I have searched whole internet for my issue, but no hits. Only dozen of bent hangers... But i have experienced issue with defective out of the box XX1 AXS rear mech myself. I gotta mention first, that i have installed dozens of XX1 AXS mechs on multiple bikes, and none of them had this problem. It's usually task for like 10 minutes.

I had trouble with new XX1 AXS rear mech on my new S-works epic build

- hanger OK
- driver body OK
- crankset boost, dub, 34T round, all sram
- b-gap set with white sram tool while having bike on sag

Unable to index rear mech. If you shift to 42 cog, it's trying to get to 52. So you microadjust... If you do so, you are unable to shift from 10 to 12, and 12 to 14. If you microadjust these gears, then the chain on your 42 cog is again trying to jump to 52.

Resolved by installing new piece XX1 AXS rear mech.

https://youtu.be/aK_yLCcHYAs
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

cula_ru

by cula_ru

LeePaton wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:24 pm

20+ years of mountain biking on every level of component and never once broke one. What are you doing?!
😂😂 Lol same, but shit happens.

cula_ru

by cula_ru

req110 wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:00 am
I have searched whole internet for my issue, but no hits. Only dozen of bent hangers... But i have experienced issue with defective out of the box XX1 AXS rear mech myself. I gotta mention first, that i have installed dozens of XX1 AXS mechs on multiple bikes, and none of them had this problem. It's usually task for like 10 minutes.

I had trouble with new XX1 AXS rear mech on my new S-works epic build

- hanger OK
- driver body OK
- crankset boost, dub, 34T round, all sram
- b-gap set with white sram tool while having bike on sag

Unable to index rear mech. If you shift to 42 cog, it's trying to get to 52. So you microadjust... If you do so, you are unable to shift from 10 to 12, and 12 to 14. If you microadjust these gears, then the chain on your 42 cog is again trying to jump to 52.

Resolved by installing new piece XX1 AXS rear mech.

https://youtu.be/aK_yLCcHYAs
That's weird. Did you get a new derailleur from warranty you had to buy a new one?

req110

by req110

I couldn't wait, so i ordered a new one from same seller. I hope they will refund me after resolving the case with original one.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
SW Epic 8 Satin Carbon L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p SID Ultimate / in the making

scant

by scant

LeePaton wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:24 pm

I dont break anywhere near as many since shimano shadow moved derailleur design more inboard, narrower overal bike width providing more clearance. if you live & ride somewhere rocky, breaking derailleurs is pretty normal. in the late 80s, early 90s fairly normal on group rides for at least 1 person to explode a rear derailleur. that said seeing friends with axs derailleurs development massive pivot slop in only 3000miles, i guess they'll just wear out if you log a lot of miles

zscs

by zscs

I have 3 Eagle AXS sets but now, the oldest one's Eagle AXS (XX1) controller/shifter has been died.

Yesterday, during an MTB ride, suddenly the rear mech not reacted to the shifter anymore. First I thought, maybe the battery drained in the rear mech but that worked fine (pressing the button on it shifted down, double-click shifted upwards like expected).
Okay, I had a spare CR2032 cell so I replaced the coin battery in the controller. Nothing happens... Led not blinks... Also tried to remove the coin battery from my Quarq power meter (almost new) and put that one to the controller: still not works... Tried to "reset" (pressing buttons simulteneously, all variations), remove the battery for hours, no change.

Any idea?

It seems, exactly after 14.028 kms (according to my Strava logs) and 3 years of usage this won't work anymore. :(

I've ordered a spare GX AXS controller already, if everything goes well, tomorrow I'll have it. (Tried to pair one of my other AXS controllers to the rear mech, that still works perfectly fine - so I only need a new controller, this is good news actually.( (-:

zscs

by zscs

I'm planning to remove the AXS shifter from my MTB and replace it with a set of AXS Blips. My plan was, buy the blip mounts from Leap Components (this one: https://leapcomponents.com/product/on-bar-blip-mount/ ).

I have the AXS blips already, maybe I'll simpy install them with the stock mounts (which looks super fragile tbh), first with a duck tape.
Do you know about any other mount options other than Leap Components?

DanW

by DanW

I am happy to be corrected on this, but I don't think the wireless Blips can be used as standalone shifters so you still need the regular shifter/ controller or a Blip Box. The wireless blips also can't be used with a dropper yet.

nicporter

by nicporter

DanW wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:29 pm
I am happy to be corrected on this, but I don't think the wireless Blips can be used as standalone shifters so you still need the regular shifter/ controller or a Blip Box. The wireless blips also can't be used with a dropper yet.
you are correct in saying you can't use them with a dropper and kind of correct in saying you need a regular shifter. You need to pair them to the mech through the regular shifter but then you don't need to have the shifter mounted so you can put to one side

the leap blip holders are really nice too!!

I have this setup on my bike

zscs

by zscs

nicporter wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:14 pm

you are correct in saying you can't use them with a dropper and kind of correct in saying you need a regular shifter. You need to pair them to the mech through the regular shifter but then you don't need to have the shifter mounted so you can put to one side

the leap blip holders are really nice too!!

I have this setup on my bike
I think I'll order the Leap holders then, thanks for your input! ;)

Exactly, you'll need the shifter for the pairing process but you can put the old shifter aside afterwards. (Paired the system already, works like a charm!) :)

After pairing, in the AXS app you can re-configure the blips for the shifting direction and also you can configure the case when both blips buttons are pressed.
However, in an 1x system it's not clear to me whether it can be configured up with e.g. an AXS dropper (I don't have an AXS dropper to try it out). Of course, in a 2x road/gravel system this will do the front shifting.

nicporter

by nicporter

Both blip press will be front shifting. Same as 2 x on a road bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com