Flyweight

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jasonlelam

by Jasonlelam

I have already had a pair of XC925 flyweight wheelset from light bicycle. And I turned back around to their web occasionally yesterday to find their RM29C06 flyweight version pricing drop to USD158 which I can recall of USD250+ roughly about one month ago. It is interesting that seems these guys split their rim models into several lines. The up-end XXX pro series and the lower XXX series. Recon Pro series and Recon series for example. The lower lines appear to be great prices.

I am quite curious and intended to buy another wheelset from them. Could the RM29C06 be a go? Anyone went through with these rims? I was told that it better to use front/ flyweight and rear /standard version if buy from LB due to the different force on the pair when riding.

kolarzyk

by kolarzyk

I have many LB rims road and MTB as well and all i can say they are are very well made, strong and stiff.

I laced RM29C06 Flyweight rim to Syntace StraightPull hub that rides on back together with RM29C19 on front in my HT - Rocky Mountain Vertex 2018/9.

I weight 75kgs and ride in all kinds of terrain - rock, roots, etc. I mean "MTB" not gravel roads and so far so good with Flyweight version on back. In my opinion it's not as stiff and probably not as strong as "standard' version but if you are not going to make +1.5m drops it should hold on well. I personally wouldn't put in on the front cause my style of descending is quite aggresive and I prefer stiffer, solid, precise feel of front wheel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jasonlelam

by Jasonlelam

kolarzyk wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:07 pm
I have many LB rims road and MTB as well and all i can say they are are very well made, strong and stiff.

I laced RM29C06 Flyweight rim to Syntace StraightPull hub that rides on back together with RM29C19 on front in my HT - Rocky Mountain Vertex 2018/9.

I weight 75kgs and ride in all kinds of terrain - rock, roots, etc. I mean "MTB" not gravel roads and so far so good with Flyweight version on back. In my opinion it's not as stiff and probably not as strong as "standard' version but if you are not going to make +1.5m drops it should hold on well. I personally wouldn't put in on the front cause my style of descending is quite aggresive and I prefer stiffer, solid, precise feel of front wheel.
Thanks bro. You gave me more confidence on that. Just ordered for another pair of flyweight wheels from light bicycle. lol

kolarzyk

by kolarzyk

:thumbup: