XX1 Eagle Crankset Vs?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

BB bearings have gone again in my Stumpy, this seems like the perfect opportunity to change the boat anchor crank I’ve been wanting to change forever :lol:

It’s hard to look passed the XX1 Eagle crankset for weight vs cost? Anything else worth looking at, new M9100 looks nice (and would match the XTR hubs, I’m actually still on 10 speed :oops: :shock: ) but unavailable right now and I’m kinda meh about Shimano now due to what I’m perceiving will be a free hub debacle on my hubs if I wanted to go 12 speed...

Cheers!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

for the 12 speed cassette miche to the rescue. I guess this will be rather popular as it fits on a conventional shimano freehub.
https://www.miche.it/it/prodotti/mtb/ca ... 11-51.html

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

That could be interesting, not sure I’ll ever need a 51 though, wonder if they’ll do a 45 like Shimano? Getting by on the 10 speed 36/11 perfectly (XC bike only used for short fast rides) which is likely why I’ve stuck with 10 speed so long, mech is getting tired now though...

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

RaceFace Next SL maybe if you want something a little different (not too different though, if you want very different then maybe some Lightning cranks)