Pedals with a 2 bolt cleat: Time or Shimano or.......?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DJT21

by DJT21

Which would you pick for road use?

Ive currently got Time XC pedals but they're about done for after three years of fairly inconsistent use. Shimano obviously last forever, but are they as nice to use (it's been years since I used them and I can't remember).

Which feel more solid/secure under foot?

Any other brands worth considering? I don't want Crank Brothers, or anything with Titanium axles.

Budget around £60.

Thanks.

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

speedplay frog; lightest and longer lasting pedal. Easy to maintain. not durable cleats for too much walking though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

Shimano works best (durability, entry & exit). For MTB Shimano XTR is all I'll use. However, for road tandem use I'm much less picky about entry/exit feel and bearing durability is much less of an issue so I figured I'd save some weight with Xpedo Ti spindled XTR clones. However, if weigh savings and Ti aren't on your list I can't imagine why you'd get anything besides the highest level Shimanos you can afford.

GlacialPace

by GlacialPace

I run Crank brothers myself, I like their Mallats over the Shimano DX pedals I ran before and therefor the other bikes have gone that way as well. But for an XC bike on a budget I think you just get the best Shimano pedals you can.