choosing between beds or futon mattress

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

Been riding my pair for two seasons, no issues whatsoever. You might want to check the thread on MTBR for more feedback.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Konsta

by Konsta

No offroad use and not thousands of kilometers but my pair (with 3 bearings per pedal) has been working without issues. Fixed gear bike, paved roads.

But I have to add I don’t know the difference between ”old” and ”new” version.

scant

by scant

just over 2years of use offroad. they shed mud better than shimano, but they're not quite as quick to get into & out of. I like how you can unscrew the outer axle bearing cover, fill the pedal with grease, tigthen the bearing cover & it regreases the bearings. takes less than 2minutes with practise & keep the bearings pristine. i've had no issues with parts breaking & where I ride is pretty rocky. the wider brass section of the cleat provides more support than shimano.
there is a weight limit with the 8ti pedals. I was wary given the high price, but I actually prefer them to shimano.

hope that helps!

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

3 years of offroad use. Only issue was the inboard bearing seal working its way loose onto the spindle from time to time, but that pedal was actually the better spinning one of the two - hardly any friction.