XTR DI2 on my 2017 Scalpel

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

halenrauch

by halenrauch

When I bought my Scalpel it had already been converted to 1x11. However as I want to include road riding and possibly marathon races into my agenda, I want to switch back to 2x11 with the synchro shift (1 lever setup only). All previously removed parts were included when I purchased the bike.

I fitted all the items however the front mech wasn't shifting out quite enough to get chain on the large chainring. Using the on-board controller you can micro-adjust rear mech, but doesn't allow front mech adjustments. Only manual adjustments on derailleur are marked H1 & H2 which I presume are the end stops.

Anyone know how this is done? Does it have to be via a laptop ?? And how would I acquire the software?
Also if anyone has same bike - does the front derailleur mount directly onto the frame or are there spacers? Just seems without any stand-offs you cant quite get the unit low enough (so sitting about 3mm above largest ring).

Thanks

by Weenie

joeg26er

by joeg26er

Yes. You have to have a laptop to program your di2.

joeg26er

by joeg26er

To connect your Shimano Di2 groupset to the app and third-party computers, you need Shimano’s new BT-DN110 internal battery, the EW-EU11 wireless unit or, for mountain bikes, the SCM9051 or SC-MT800 display unit.

You can download the new E-tube app from Shimano’s website now.