Santa Cruz Highball 2018, anyone?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

I was wondering fi someone here is thinking about getting this bike, or frame for custom build, real photos, thoughts on the color, C version or CC, etc...
I´m on the market for a 29er hardtail but can't decide and also waiting for new XTR or 2019 XT, so no hurries.

I like the longer top tube, relaxed head angle, shorter stem, lower seatstays. A bit pricey for the frame alone, 1995€, and the builds are very bad on the lower prices, too expensive on the decent builds... Thnking about getting just the frame, or ordering the cheapest C build and swapping all parts.

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

this forum is completely death eh? such a pity

by Weenie

scant

by scant

stif, a UK bikeshop, has its own ebay shop (I'm not affiliated!) & is currently selling a few 2017 highballs at a big price drop if thats a consideration?

santa cruz is high quality stuff these days, but they're not feather weight. I saw a highball for sale recently in the classifieds on this website :)
ta

scant

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

those are the previous model my friend, that one is as good if not worse than most 400€ open mold frames in china and aliexpress. I am asking about the Highball 3, the new model.

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

those got outdated and depreciated as the new model came out, you can buy that older model in most shops with huge discounts, no surprise there. Rather get a cheap canyon exceed than the older santa cruz highball. new newer model, CC version, less than 1 Kg in size L... it is quite light actually.

scant

by scant

lifetime warranty from santacruz is better than open mould from china, but I get your point ;)
ta

scant

Cyborg009

by Cyborg009

I am getting the frame as a crash replacement (I was hit by a car!) and building up the bike with the new Shimano XTR grouppo. What's your question?

InDustWeTrust

by InDustWeTrust

what year frame? My question is what do you think about the new frame. I like it, but I find it a bit pricey 2000€ a mountain bike frame... I can pull the trigger, but I will wait for spring or new XT 12 speed. I think.

by Weenie