Morzine/Port du Soleil Enduro Loop

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Anyone done the 80km (or 90km depending on what you read) enduro loop in the Port du Soleil?

Wanting to get an idea of the difficulty of the terrain (I’ll be on. 130rr/120rr bike) and time it takes to get around? Don’t seem to be able to find info on singletrack etc
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scant

by scant

I'd suggest set off from 1 of the quieter towns, ie not morzine & les gets as the queue for the lifts can be pretty long in the bigger towns, also try to avoid midday lunch time . I've queued for 30mins at the pleney lift in the past. if its torrential rain it'll take longer than in the dry. as obvious as that sounds rain can mean the difference between full mud spike tyres & summer tyres, some of the trails can be surprisingly slippery in the wet. if its wet take spare disc pads. its perfectly do-able on that travel bike, just that some of the longer downhills will be noticeably rougher, there can be a lot of braking bumps on the more popular trails

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Thanks, driving down tomorrow. Hoping the weather holds!
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Just to let y’all know the enduro loop was a great days riding, signposting was a little sketchy in some parts but the Portes du Soleil app has a useful live map of the route so we found our way around. The Torgon lift wasn’t open so couldn’t do the full loop but 70km was a good ride.

As for the more bike parky bits of Morzine/Les Gets I felt like I’d brought a knife to a gunfight with my 130/120 bike as everyone else seemed to be in full armour on 200/200 DH rigs, that said the Blues and Reds were all great fun (one red was WAY above my skill level though). All in all a cracking weekend, maybe I’ll start saving for a V10...

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Portes du Soleil is a great place to ride. First time I went I had a 100mm hardtail. Now that was backbreaking! Second trip on a RZ140 (140mm at both ends) was much more manangeable. 160mm enduro bike is probably the best compromise of downhill and climbing ability. Met a guy out there who had a GT with 210mm or similar on both ends and a gearbox, no mechs - crazy rig!