Open one+

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Marin wrote:
Lookryder wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:20 pm
Any other hardtail frames I should consider? Ideally it would have clearance for a 2.35 rear tire.
With more than (true) 2.3in tires, you're running into territory where you won't be able to fit a tire, chain stay and a *road* crank at the same time.
Why would you be running a road crank on an MTB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marin

by Marin

Sorry, was confused and thought of the Open up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sam575

by sam575

I got a OPEN O-1.0 in 2015 and raced it for 2 seasons. I rode it hard too. Lots of really technical, rocky and jumps courses. It's a sensational bike. So fast and nimble. I came off a Scott Scale 900, but the Open has much faster geometry and feels more lively. It's the perfect XC race bike IMO.
Late 2017 I noticed a very small crack in the seat tube. The distributor had just changed in Australia so that made things slow for me, so I contacted Andy Kessler and they were brilliant to deal with and replaced the frame with a new One+ within days. All I had to do was cut it in half and send photo proof.
I was lucky that at the time of initial purchase, I registered my frame on their website for the extended warraty which covered 5 years. Highly recommend you do that.
Im yet to build my new One+ as I'm not racing this year.
Anyway, OPEN are great bikes and they do back-up their product from my experience. Maybe the stories above are about poor distributors and not OPEN themselves?

silver

by silver

My experience with Open has been flawless. Had a minor issue with my Open 1.0 frame, just sent a photo and the frame was replaced within days. As there is no distributor in my country, I have always dealed with them directly. Recently asked them about the foam tube they now put into the frame for better cable noise cancellation, they just replied to me with a package including the same foam tube. Excellent service. Been riding the 1.0 for 4 seasons now and thinking of selling it and trying the One+. Mainly because of updated frame desing and better clearance.