power2max spider on xx1 crank?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

commendatore

by commendatore

I've been reluctant to plunk down for a MTB quarq for a few reasons. Primarily, my current frame is non-boost, but I expect that to change in the future.

Since the mounting pattern is the same, I was thinking about moving a P2M spider onto my existing XX1 crank, but I'm not sure what that will do to the chainline. I know companies like one up make chain ring spacers, so maybe getting an ideal chainline with a 110 bcd 34T chaingring would be possible?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xyklisten

by xyklisten

I got the Power2max ng eco about six weeks ago. Currently have it mounted to a pair of xx1 cranks and will soon move it over to a set of Eagle cranks. Working great so far.
There is both a standard version and boost version so if you get the right one the chain line should be just fine. I have the boost one and I even used it on my gravel bike with a Sram Rival1 crankset for a week on Mallorca.

commendatore

by commendatore

oh wow, this is news to me. On the P2M usa site, they only list the older type S rotor MTB power meters. I'm now looking at the europe site with new MTB options.

simoncx

by simoncx

110 bcd should work without a problem, I have a elsa r mounted on a xx1 crank with a 34t wolftooth ring. The elsa actually gives me a better chainline (~49) on my yeti but has just enough clearence to work, the only problem is I cant go lower then 34t and I can go bigger but I would have to add spacers and the chainline would be worse.