Syncros Silverton

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

F45

by F45

Those pi-rope wheels have narrow 22mm rims so they would not be stiff with any common spoke.

I haven't built a Berd set yet, but I looked into the DM20 line a while back, and iirc it has the same stiffness as a steel 1.5mm cross section spoke. I'll build a set when my current set of steel spoked wheels breaks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

F45 wrote:Those pi-rope wheels have narrow 22mm rims so they would not be stiff with any common spoke.

I haven't built a Berd set yet, but I looked into the DM20 line a while back, and iirc it has the same stiffness as a steel 1.5mm cross section spoke. I'll build a set when my current set of steel spoked wheels breaks.
Good points.

Also, Pi-Rope is using Vectran, not DM-20, which basically (further) renders the comparison pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lozaen

by Lozaen

I am actually thinking about gering myself a bike which is equipped with These Wheels.
I Ride lightweights on all non MTBs currently (Road, cyclocross, Even Zwift.....Not in the Game but on the Trainer)
What Schall i say....i just love the feeling, durability (>10 years without trueing a Single wheel) and optics.
On the MTB i run tune, cx-ray, Duke wheels and i am annoid Boy the Noise the rearwheel makes in steep uphills....the Silverton will most probably be perfectly silent.
I am not so much affraid of a cracking spoke....this can be fixed quite easily....more concerned about a damage to the rim....yet on the other Hand.....Last time i had a branch in the wheel (traditionally laced), also the rim was damaged and that was in 2008.

If I really do get the bike, I will post my riding impressions :)
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

A friend has the Silverton wheels, for about a year now. No issues so far. I've ridden his bike and the wheels dont feel much different then my handspoked 1400gr wheelset.
I've also been to the Scott Experience Tour and got a Spark RC to test with those wheels in. We switched wheels between 2 bikes to feel the difference in weight on the same bike, as everyone knows it's a huge difference. Would be great to have tested the Silverton's against a light wheelset, the standard wheelset in the RC team Issue is heavy!! I'm going to get a Spark RC with GX AXS next week, what wheels i will ride i'm not yet sure about. Something that is available in the near future :P.