2018 BMC Agonist 01 One

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

comet

by comet

Hi Guys,

Answers to your questions:

@piercebrew: My previous bike was a Cannondale F-SI black inc. A race hardtail which is very fast but also uncomfortable (like all hardtails ofcourse). The difference in riding is like night and day. The fully BMC Agonist is very smooth, it took me some time to get the suspension setup perfectly but after that it's perfect. I ride long distances easier on this machine. The overall grip on the rear tire is also much improved but with one major drawback, you cant feel the rear sliding very well so riding on the edge of tire grip is tricky. The shifting ob the F-SI (XTR DI2) is much better than the sram on this bike. The DI2 shifting is more predictable and precise.

I sometimes ride (and maintain) mu friends scalpel 2. I aree with you that these bikes are not as smooth as some other hardtails but remember that these machines have suspension mainly to get you more speed not more comfort :D . I think the agonist is buit for a little bit more comfort and compliance. They will probably launch their new XC race models in the coming months, these are more like the scalpel. The BMC agonist will remain their marathon/light trail riding bike.

@kokoriko: Apparently the FOX lockout levers have got some quality issues that's why some manufacturers have chosen DT Swiss as supplier for lockout levers. My BMC has this lever from DT Swiss it locks front and rear or only rear in one movement with two "clicks".

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kokoriko

by kokoriko

Thanks! I assume you are using Fox shock and fork. I also have some serious problems with Fox remote lockout, especially dual locking system, they have some serious problems with dual remotes... I am looking to find a solution, will go for a twinloc or one that you use DT Swiss
comet wrote:Hi Guys,

Answers to your questions:

@piercebrew: My previous bike was a Cannondale F-SI black inc. A race hardtail which is very fast but also uncomfortable (like all hardtails ofcourse). The difference in riding is like night and day. The fully BMC Agonist is very smooth, it took me some time to get the suspension setup perfectly but after that it's perfect. I ride long distances easier on this machine. The overall grip on the rear tire is also much improved but with one major drawback, you cant feel the rear sliding very well so riding on the edge of tire grip is tricky. The shifting ob the F-SI (XTR DI2) is much better than the sram on this bike. The DI2 shifting is more predictable and precise.

I sometimes ride (and maintain) mu friends scalpel 2. I aree with you that these bikes are not as smooth as some other hardtails but remember that these machines have suspension mainly to get you more speed not more comfort :D . I think the agonist is buit for a little bit more comfort and compliance. They will probably launch their new XC race models in the coming months, these are more like the scalpel. The BMC agonist will remain their marathon/light trail riding bike.

@kokoriko: Apparently the FOX lockout levers have got some quality issues that's why some manufacturers have chosen DT Swiss as supplier for lockout levers. My BMC has this lever from DT Swiss it locks front and rear or only rear in one movement with two "clicks".

niklasp

by niklasp

Could anyone with the top model please take a photo showing the "chain catcher" behind the front chainring, and possibly measure how many mm from chain catcher plate to chainring?

Specifan

by Specifan

And please measure its weight!!

fedefox

by fedefox

This is my BMC Agonist 01 S
Kg 10.12
Attachments
ww1.jpeg
WW.jpg

Specifan

by Specifan

Wow, congrats. Main upgrade were the wheels i guess? What was its weight with stock components and what did you change?

fedefox

by fedefox

Thank you very much... Yes I changed few parts. I don't really know the weight for the standard bike (I think close to 11kg).
Upgrades:
Carbon wheels SPACEcarbon WS31 + CARBON-TI SP - 1222g
Magura mt8
Corsa estrema disk rotors
Titanium Bolts everywhere
Enve sitpost
Saddle San Marco aspide fx open carbon
Mcfk stem 80mm with carbon cap
Xpedo pedals titanium spindle
Esi mtb grip
Carbon bottle cage bbb

fedefox

by fedefox

I could lower the weight changing the handle bar..