Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:25 am
- Location: Krasnoyarsk, Russia
While servicing my Dengfu M06 frame I've weighted some frame parts and would like to validate my ideas by more experienced weenies:
- Bearing washers, probably made from aluminium, 8 in total. Replace with nylon/polycarbonate ones?
- Bottom pivot axle. Maybe it can be drilled out, like hub thru axles?
- Rocker arm (scale shot) looks way more overbuilt compared to similar arms of FRM Anakin and even ICAN S8. Maybe remove some material? Is so, where from?
Upgrading whole frame is not an option
- Posts: 911
- Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:23 pm
- Location: Midlands, United Kingdom
Not familiar with that frame, but plastic washers creep and loose bolt tension, so not usually a good idea.
A drilled through bolt is certainly worth considering.
- 1 Replies
- 734 Views
Last post by TonyM
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 am
- 8 Replies
- 709 Views
Last post by desperado95219
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:48 am
- 0 Replies
- 198 Views
Last post by tfayet
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:47 pm
- 11 Replies
- 951 Views
Last post by morganb
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:47 pm
- 21 Replies
- 1789 Views
Last post by Pop
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:21 am