Post Moderne bar ends - anyone tried yet? any US sources?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

tommasini

by tommasini

Has anyone tried these post moderne micro bar ends yet - claimed 58 grams - looks like a very nice surface squeezing the (lightweight) hbars....any US sources that anyone knows of (paying $20 shipping can be done from UK but I'd prefer not to)

http://www.changing-gear.com/acatalog/C ... s_285.html

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

I also have some on order at Scott usa. But i'm waiting and waiting and waiting! they are not the lightest bar ends availible. Those are made of wood! :shock:
But the ends look good to me too. I want them!
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

by Weenie

Rogue

by Rogue

I just got them last week. They work great and look cool too. They weigh in 58 grams. I'll be testing them in combat this sunday at a marathon.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

tommasini

by tommasini

FYI - I got looking around for other sources for the Post Moderne bar ends when I checked the Gypzybikz website (they help sponser this site as I understand) when I noticed a bar end called XLC Superlight - spitten image of the Post Moderne (I know - likely made by the same far east shop). I'm going with the XLC's since GypzyBikz is associated with this site plus all the other Tune goodies they have which when I get my order together will offset the heavy shipping costs to the US.

sieglin

by sieglin

The Extralite barends are lighter at 56g (I have a pair), but they are more expensive - that is, if 17 pounds is the price for a pair. Mmm, thanks for the tip...
Sieglin
If you can think it, you can do it...