List of sub 900 gram hardtail frames

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Those Unno and GrigioCarbonio frames sure look nice! I wonder if GrigioCarbonio is actually going to make a production version that light? I guess the price will be quite astronomical though. Can't wait till I'm done with my education!

Edit: Price for the GrigioCarbonio is apparently going to be about the same as for the Scott Scale RC SL, according to a Facebook comment by Dream-Bikes themselves.

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Uh, shouldn't you define wheel size and geometry?

Personally I have no interest in riding a 900g frame with a 71° HTA. I'd gladly ride a 1100g frame over some relic that looks good on a scale.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

OP is after a 27.5 frame. Geometry aside this is one of the better threads in a while.

What is the frame weight of that CS-196-SL? What size?

To stay within budget I would look for a NOS 27.5 Scott Scale and remove clear coat/paint.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

marecej

by marecej

damond wrote:
marecej wrote:
damond wrote:The Unno.......yeah, speaking on "budget" frames :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it will be same price as scott (4000e)

where did you get that info? I've "heard" about 5000€ for the frame. Anyway, HaakonJohansen says the Scale is out of his budget so is the Unno for sure!

information is directly from Unno
HT-4000e
FS-5000e

sure it's out of his budget, but as a part of the list of sub 900g frames it's valid
Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably end up with a frame from GrigioCarbonio one day (when I'm finished with my education). Their parts doesn't have weight limits either, which I see as a plus, although I don't really need very high weight limits;P

I've updated the list btw.

Gullholm

by Gullholm

New S-Works Epic HT, claimed to be sub800g which would be truly awesome.
But am I the only one who's a bit skeptic about that weight is including paint, derailleur hanger etc? Specialized seem to often come with quite heavy paint jobs and that would mean a raw one would be in the 700-750g range maybe depending on paint weight. That's a huge step down from an unpainted Unno or Scott Scale RC SL that is about 790g.

https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/04/04/ne ... tain-bike/

minimini

by minimini

My SCOTT SCALE PREMIUM is 5800g

Basic base is 909g started :-)

:D

MTB = SCOTT

GOOD !
Attachments
na1342490845.jpg

bikemaniack

by bikemaniack

minimini wrote:My SCOTT SCALE PREMIUM is 5800g

MTB = SCOTT

GOOD !

5800g !?!?!?

Could you send a picture of your bike??

minimini

by minimini

:up:

bikemaniack wrote:
minimini wrote:My SCOTT SCALE PREMIUM is 5800g

MTB = SCOTT

GOOD !

5800g !?!?!?

Could you send a picture of your bike??
Attachments
IMG_9697.JPG

HaakonJohansen

by HaakonJohansen

krzysiekmz wrote:OP is after a 27.5 frame. Geometry aside this is one of the better threads in a while.

What is the frame weight of that CS-196-SL? What size?

To stay within budget I would look for a NOS 27.5 Scott Scale and remove clear coat/paint.

Chris.

Just checked in on this thread and saw that I've overlooked this post. I don't remember exactly, but i think it was around 1020-1050 grams with the derailleur hanger, size 19 with BSA bb. My current build is going to be at below 6.1kg when the Extralite grips I've ordered arrives. That's with a rigid fork and a 110kg weight limit (or higher) for all the parts, with a rigid fork though.

Would be really nice building up a GrigioCarbonio frame, with GrigioCarbonio rims, and a Focus Raven MAX carbon fork. Would easily be below 6 kg for a full 29'er build. Would be a bike waay too expensive/high-end for my level of skill, but of course; that's already the case with my current rig;P