Are the Spark 900 SL, RC and Premium frames identical?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jonnybravo

by jonnybravo

I'm looking at building a new Spark and was wondering if there are any differences in these frames. Thanks

wingguy

by wingguy

So you're looking at the 2016 frames not the 2017 frames? If so, yes the 2016 SL, RC and Premium were all built on the Spark HMX frame.

For 2017 the family of totally new Sparks is the RC SL, RC Ultimate, RC World Cup and RC Pro. The RC SL uses HMX-SL layup, the other three use HMX, but all from the same mold.

by Weenie

jonnybravo

by jonnybravo

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm looking at the 2016 models. Do they all have the identical twin lock suspension components as well?

wingguy wrote:So you're looking at the 2016 frames not the 2017 frames? If so, yes the 2016 SL, RC and Premium were all built on the Spark HMX frame.

For 2017 the family of totally new Sparks is the RC SL, RC Ultimate, RC World Cup and RC Pro. The RC SL uses HMX-SL layup, the other three use HMX, but all from the same mold.

wingguy

by wingguy

jonnybravo wrote:Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm looking at the 2016 models. Do they all have the identical twin lock suspension components as well?]

The 2016 RC doesn't have Kashima coating on the forks or shock, but still with Factory level internals. The other top level frames have Kashima.