RaceFace Cinch Axle w/Hollowgram?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lozaen

by Lozaen

Great, so far understood.
I guess that if I simply swap the Crankarms and leave the spindle and spacers installed on the original spindle/Frame this should +- work, since the interface between crank and axle will most likely not differ a lot in terms of depth/penetration.
My Scalpel is still the old one with 73mm
Yet the powermeter pushes the chainring without spacers to a 55mm chainline (boost Ai), with spacers 52 (boost).
So it seems that this should work with the Spark.
With the Fourstroke I will have to check which spindle length would be the right one. Probably the same that comes with the Spark (both pf92) unfortunately Scott doesn't provide the axle length in their specs. But I guess that all PF92 bbs need the same cinch axle and therefore the information should be available.

Timbat mentioned that the q-factor would be negatively affected. Is that due to the design of the crankarms themself or because of a difference in axle length.
On my bike the axle is already > 130mm and comes with "massive" spacers on both sides (~20mm each).
Since the bearing carrier are meant to be used with a fairly narrow bb, I can most likely not swap the axle to a cinch pf92 bb and have to use a cinch one. But I am not expecting that the q-factor would change drastically, since in my opinion the crankarms don't add much to the q-factor.
Interested in buying Carbonsport Lightweight wheels with broken spokes.

BMC Teammachine SLR01 Disc Team 2018|Ridley Helium | Kuota Kross|Cannondale Scalpel 29 Hi-Mod