Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Vicpt wrote:
ChrizZZz wrote:Who has mounted a 34 Teeth Oval Directmount Chainring?
Which one fits?

Garbaruk doesnt fit. (only 32t)

ChrizZZz, i have a 34t Garbaruk oval on mine!

How does it fit? U changed some washers and have other spacer?
Mines scratched the carbon chainsuckplate only the 32teeth fits.

Now i have an absoluteblack 34t but it looks similar.

32t Garbaruk Melon

34t Garbaruk Melon

Vicpt

by Vicpt

I just mounted it, i don´t remember doing anything else!
It works fine since then, never had any problem.

Problem i have it now with the Lefty 2.0.
It´s absolutely a shame the way Cannondale is dealing with this.
They only solve the problem if you find yourself without a fork, instead of call everybody to solve the problem before it happens.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Vicpt wrote:I just mounted it, i don´t remember doing anything else!

They only solve the problem if you find yourself without a fork, instead of call everybody to solve the problem before it happens.

Care to elaborate?

Also, can anyone tell me if the 60.3cm stack height Cannondale uses is for the top of the HT, or the top of the top clamp?

Vicpt

by Vicpt

LeDuke wrote:
Vicpt wrote:I just mounted it, i don´t remember doing anything else!

Care to elaborate?

Also, can anyone tell me if the 60.3cm stack height Cannondale uses is for the top of the HT, or the top of the top clamp?

Le Duke, i think you´re asking about the Lefty issue, right?
The initial Lefty 2.0 production had a part, small piece - sorry don´t no the exact name, that with use gave some problems that ended with the fork completely down (without air/pressure), unfortunately my turn came!
Cannondale only solves the issue if you have it, knowing that this can happen to all of those forks.
I think (not sure), that the newer production solved it.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Yep, the problem was explained some sites before.

Next try: AbsoluteBlack Oval 34. DOESNT fit. Missing 1-2mm clearence

scratching again... but a little less than the garbaruk 34t

would look nice

grover

by grover

A little instagram edit of my F-Si built and christened on the weekend. It pretty much blew my socks off! So happy with every characteristic. Cannondale have nailed it with this thing!

I've come off a Trek Superfly SL. I was hit by a car and the frame/rear wheel were written off. This frame was the replacement and has been built with a mixed bag of parts for now.

Of interest - frame weight was 1052grams as it comes out of the box - that includes derailleur hanger, seat post clamp and all mechanical cable routing. It is the Hi-Mod Team Replica in a Large.

A GXP crankset with the wider q-factor (168mm) fits in the BB30A-MTB 83mm bottom bracket shell with the Wheels Manufacturing universal bb30/pf30 to GXP adapter. It requires the use of a 0mm offset direct mount ring for rings 34 tooth or greater, for 32 tooth and smaller you can use the 3mm offset to get chainline a little bit tighter. The narrow q-factor version (156mm) does not clear the chainstays. An XX1 Quarq does not fit as it's designed with a 6mm offset position for the chainring which even the 32 tooth rubs on the frame. If they launched a BOOST version of the XX1 Quarq that would fit the F-Si in the 168mm q-factor with a maximum 32 tooth chainring.

Currently 9.45kg with spec as follows
Large Hi-Mod frame
Rock Shox SID World Cup fork
SRAM X01 drivetrain
SRAM Guide RSC brakes
KCNC Ti Pro Lite seatpost
Fizik Antares 00 saddle
Fizik Cyrano R1 stem
Easton EC70XC wide bars
Bontrager RL front wheel
Notubes Arch EX rear wheel
Bontrager XR2 2.2 Team Issue tyres (with tubes)

Wheels/tyres/tubeless are the only major change to come which should drop a good chunk of weight. I also need to sort out a solution to getting a powermeter to fit. I may just go an X9 Stages. I know some people have bought an XX1 Quarq in BB30, dissassembled both arms from the spindle (which one side says do not dissassemble) and then reassembled with a wider spindle (the interface for SRAM BB30 is the same as Cannondale Si so those spindles work).

prebsy

by prebsy

Anyone get their hands on an F-SI alloy yet? I'm thinking of picking up the Alloy 1, should be porky but fast.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

For sure. Some are riding with it and found it really stiff and direct.
Nice Training-Bike!

some Pictures of a XL

prebsy

by prebsy

Nice, I just ordered a Large F-SI 1 alloy sight unseen. Any idea on the weight? I think Bike24 has it listed at 11.7kg.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Yeah, seems realistic.

prebsy

by prebsy

Just picked up my FSI 1 alloy. It's been raining for a while so I won't get to hit the trails anytime soon [emoji35] Image

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Tugboat

by Tugboat

I've just taken delivery of an F-Si Carbon 3. Still totally stock at the moment but am eyeing up the handlebar and seatpost as possible changes to lighten it up a little.

Pedals will be CrankBros Eggbeater 3. Waiting for them to arrive before I take it out and get it dirty.

Cannondale F-Si Carbon 3-1 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

Cannondale F-Si Carbon 3-2 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr

ImageCannondale F-Si Carbon 3-3 by Adrian Rumney, on Flickr
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

Emilio700

by Emilio700

New race bike. 2015 Cannondale FSi Carbon. XTR/TX 10S model was heavily discounted so I snapped it up.
Candy 11 pedals, King SS cage. Otherwise stock. Wheelset is tubeless ready but ships with tubes. Did the conversion before I weighed it and took this picture so basically stock.
Shop said FD was clamp was cross threaded so they kept it. 21.5 lbs as pictured. Did a quick test loop with the stock 10S stuff just to get the feel for it.
My usual XC race bike is a Pivot 429 Carbon with a Lefty Carbon PBR that weighs 24.0 lbs ready to race.
Last hardtail I owned was a 1999 Schwinn Homegrown Team with 9S XTR 3x and V brakes. This thing is just leagues beyond. Shock absorption is uncanny, accelerates better than my cross bike. Sharpest, best handling XC bike I have ever ridden. Amazing how far hard tails have come. Really anxious to race it.

I have the bits to convert it to XTR 1x11 with 180mm XTR cranks. Just waiting for the 34T Wolftooth to show up. It should drop about .5lbs with the lighter cassette, front shifter
delete and single ring.

Used a Wheels mfg BBRIGHT-SHIM adapter kit with FC-M9020-1 (trail 1x) cranks. Used two of the thicker spacers on each side. OEM, the outer ring was 39mm from seat tube (random reference point). That gave an bad chainline to large cog so I set mine up at about 36mm. I think it could actually go down to about 34mm.

Shopping for lighter discs, probably the same Avid's I have on my Pivot. Contemplating building a new wheelset with 360G China carbon clinchers, extralight front and DT240S straight pull rear with CX-Rays. Should save about 200g of the ~1650g Crossmax SL's.

Edit: swapped the 1x11 XTR on, same weight 21.5 lbs. XTR trail (180mm) cranks are much beefier the the OEM SL cranks I think.

roeman

by roeman

I have a saddle height of 750mm, can someone with a medium put their saddle to that height and take a photo? not sure if i need a med or large..?
Giant XTC Team 2014
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2016
Cannondale Scalpel Si 2018 Team
Cervelo S5 Dura Ace - Enve 4.5's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

I ride the same exact height and went with the large. You can see what it looks like a few posts up.