Cannondale FSi builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

No problem. I'm running a Smud carbon saddle with oval rails on my bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NyachOo

by NyachOo

thx for a quick reply :)
and can i buy an updated spring in a shop like r2bike?

phlipnow

by phlipnow

Hi!

Is there anyone switching from FSi Small 2015 to Small 2016 - meaning from 29 to 27.5 wheels? I'm just about to buy one of the last 2015 bikes because the 2016 small frame feels too small (but I could test it only inside the shop for a few rounds). I'm 167cm (legs 78cm) - wondering if the medium frame 2016 will work also. Any recommendations?

Cheers!
Philipp

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

You can use quite short stems on the F-Si (50 mm, maybe even shorter if you can find them). Keeping this in mind, you might get away with a medium.

phlipnow

by phlipnow

Actually I don't have a length problem as my upperbody (and relatively long arms as well) perfectly fits the medium frame - but my legs are fitting the small frame :). So in respect of standover and crank length - fitting programms recon size small with a long negative stem. And thats more or less the same with any brand ;)
So I tried the S (2015 and 2016) and the M (2015 and 2016) and although the S (2015) proportions are looking strange it seems to fit best. But I'm used to a small 29er and so I'm not quite sure if my feeling is not biased. And when I saw that there are some people in this thread with small frames I thought maybe there is one of them switching this year - joining my thoughts ;)

DanW

by DanW

Fit should be dictated by reach/ stack not seat tube length or standover. Small frame and long negative stem might work on a road bike but this is the inverse of what you'd want handling-wise for a MTB (especially an F-Si). If you "fit" a medium then I would always tend towards the frame with the longer reach and go for the medium. WRT crank length, you could ask the shop to do a deal on the correct cranks length and stick the longer ones on ebay or just suck it up as a necessary additional cost to get the "best" bike for you...

phlipnow

by phlipnow

Do you know a good stack and reach online calculator? Only found competitivecyclist - (again going for the small frame with 9-10cm stem)

DanW

by DanW

This one is the best I have found:

http://bb2stem.blogspot.co.uk/

Scroll to the right and use the second set of columns to play around with stem lengths and heights on different frames where stack/ reach are known

grover

by grover

The F-Si frame is listed as having a PF30a bottom bracket shell. Can someone measure the width of it please? It should be either 73mm or 78mm. I'm trying to determine if it is the same as road PF30a or if there's actually a 'PF30a road' and PF30a mtb' version.

ndbike

by ndbike

grover wrote:The F-Si frame is listed as having a PF30a bottom bracket shell. Can someone measure the width of it please? It should be either 73mm or 78mm. I'm trying to determine if it is the same as road PF30a or if there's actually a 'PF30a road' and PF30a mtb' version.

If it's the same as last year, I'm pretty sure I measured mine at 83mm wide. This pretty much eliminates the possibility of using cranks from other brands.

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Yep, thats correct!
The same @CAAD12 and Supersix New EVO but only 73mm

BUT THE F-Si Alloy Version got still BB30!!!

grover

by grover

So for road bb30a they've taken a 68mm bb30 shell and added 5mm to the non drive side to make 73mm.

Mtb bb30 is 73mm wide (but symmetrical unlike road bb30a). So how have they gotten 83mm for Mtb bb30a? By adding 10mm to non drive, 5mm to each side, or something else?

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Seems to be a normal BB30 BB

ChrizZZz

by ChrizZZz

Mud-Spec
Runs well the last 3 weeks. Hope i dont need them for the 1st race in 3 weeks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gfeldy

by gfeldy

Hey guys, so here it is up for the taking. I've mentioned it before but I've switched to the dark side and racing the big red S now. I need to sell the FSi for what I have in to it. Here's a link: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=137719

It's coming with some extras as well. Hope she finds a new home.
~GFeldy~
S Works Tarmac w/ EPS
S Works Epic HT Blurple tuned
Kitsbow
S Works Epic Blurple tuned - Sold :doh:
FS-i - Sold
Scalpel custom - Sold
EVO - Sold