130mm 29er trail bike @ 25-26lbs?

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jcrr

by jcrr

@anykarthik- Now I will have to check out Preston, but Grand Ridge, Raging River, Olallie, Tiger are all good examples of long climbs I prefer. And while the downhill is fun and worth it after all the climbing, I am much more into going up. No problems admitting my sense of mortality is also pretty high, so some stuff on OTG @ Tiger but more-so on No Service @ RR is the top end of my comfort zone, and I find the amount of travel I have adequate. I should also say I'm a lighter rider, both in weight and riding.
Last, I'm going to say 40k feet of vert sounds insane, like getting-Ti-bolts-and-nylon-washers-and-using-dremmel-and-drill-on-stuff insane.

@LeDuke- Would you mind sharing what makes that Intense Sniper your next choice & how much travel you are considering? That thing looks serious
"If it ain't broken, it could be lighter"

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Sure.

It’s a light weight, very efficient bike with modern, aggressive geometry.

The frame can be run at both 108mm and 120mm with the removal of a spacer in the shock. So, with 10 minutes of work you can have both a pure XC bike and something that used to be described as a “marathon” bike. Meaning, a light, longer-than-XC travel bike that will rarely if ever hold you back.

Having taken one out on a good demo ride, it’s one of the few bikes I’ve ridden that had no bob at all in the “trail” (“open”, “trail”, “lock”) setting. Just turned energy into forwards and upwards progress with minimal waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

anykarthik

by anykarthik

Wow that Intense is seriously light! 4lb frame according to Intense.

What's surprising is that the next bike (i.e. more travel) is the Primer (130/140mm) and that frame is apparently 6.1lb. Two pounds!

That said, Intense still claims their GX-level build is 27lbs with that frame. I find that dubious since no other manufacturer hits 27lbs with 6lb frames (very common). Maybe 27lbs for their smallest size?

LeDuke

by LeDuke

anykarthik wrote:Wow that Intense is seriously light! 4lb frame according to Intense.

What's surprising is that the next bike (i.e. more travel) is the Primer (130/140mm) and that frame is apparently 6.1lb. Two pounds!

That said, Intense still claims their GX-level build is 27lbs with that frame. I find that dubious since no other manufacturer hits 27lbs with 6lb frames (very common). Maybe 27lbs for their smallest size?
I’d start here:

Intense Sniper
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk