Another Bianchi ... not very weenie either

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderator: Moderator Team

sluggo

by sluggo

Hi WW,

This is my Bianchi Freccia Celeste HC 62cm (2006).

Triple butted hydroformed alu main triangle, full carbon rear triangle, full carbon fork (bianchi badged reynolds ouzo pro).

Gruppo: Campag Record 07 10sp
Wheels: Open Pro, Record hubs (32h fr 36h rear), Sapim CX rays
Tyres: Michelin Pro3Race, conti supersonic tubes
Saddle: Arione Ti
Stem: Cinelli Graphis 130mm 10degree
Bars: Deda Newton deep 46
Pedals: Look Keo Carbon

Not very weenie but I'm 6ft 3", 95 kg and this is uber stiff, rides like a dream and isn't gonna break in a hurry.... anyway I love it.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Maybe not the lightest weenie but definitely a strong and beautiful weenie (^_^)!

hope that didn't sound too homo of me
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

by Weenie

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Well you claim its no weenie bike. Every weenie bike starts with a bike. It will get there. :wink:

BTW, it is a very nice bike.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

Very nice indeed, more celeste I say!

So although not weenie what does it actually weigh with that setup?

sluggo

by sluggo

Ha ha! Shucks, thanks Bugman.

No homo overtones here either...

sluggo

by sluggo

Sorry, Tapeworm ...

weighs in at 7.7kg (i have to say approx as this wasn't weighed on accurate hanging scales)

Phill P

by Phill P

I'm actually pretty impressed with that weight. FOr such a strong bike 7.7kg is pretty impressive.

The only spot screaming out for weight reduction is the wheels, you could loose half a kg there, but the wheels wouldn't be as tough. But you might be able to drop 200grams to get you to 7.5kg and not give up too much.

I would love to see more tech and features put into Al frames. I went for a system6 as it was too hard to find a decent cheaper frame for a bigger rider (I'm 6'2 95kg).

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I absolutely love your (unfortunately, and that's the disease of this time, too small for you) bike set-up! :thumbup:
I guess Bianchi either doesn't have a bigger size, or this was a bargain.

aarw

by aarw

here we go again....

nice bike sluggo! Big bikes make things interesting.

sluggo

by sluggo

Thanks DeZ (although unfortunately it fit's me beautifully albeit I'll prob drop the stem 15mm). :wink:

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

For the solid build and choice components 7.7kgs is pretty good.

And don't for a second listen to any of the "virtual" fit experts. If it works for you then great, if not, go see an expert (preferably not one that squints at your position and says "ehhhh close enough....")

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Tapeworm wrote:For the solid build and choice components 7.7kgs is pretty good.

And don't for a second listen to any of the "virtual" fit experts. If it works for you then great, if not, go see an expert (preferably not one that squints at your position and says "ehhhh close enough....")

Listen, Tapeworm.
I see a big bike for a big guy, with maximum setback and maximum spacers. I note that it's a 61cm, slightly sloping, and it's a 2006 model. So I guess this was either a bargain, either no bigger size available, or both. That is a fact, and I didn't say the position is wrong. If you think for me, Tapeworm, I don't have anything to say...

@ sluggo: I don't mind the spacer at all, and if you love your back and the current fit, don't change it for the (unfortunately non-optimum) aesthetics, please :wink:

Rumsas

by Rumsas

wow, that is a nice bike. Some deep rims and it would be perfect. i love that stem and bar compo, for me that is perfect.

sawyer

by sawyer

yeqh ... i love bianchis and that is nice indeed.

you need some new wheels however ... i'd say either go for deep section tubs or a pair of Ti shamal ultras. you'd drop 150-200g or so with that option.

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

de zwarten wrote:...unfortunately, and that's the disease of this time, too small for you...

My apologies, I took this as a comment on bike fit for the OP.

Just seems to me a lot of people have an opinion of what should be the "correct" setup without consideration to the myriad of other issues concerning the art of bike fitting. AFAIK spacers and decent amount of setback does not render a frame too small. Unless it IS actually too small for him, something that cannot be determined by a mere picture.

by Weenie